Smoked Olive Oil
  Re: (...)
Just saw this in a newsletter - yum!

Napa Smoked Olive Oil has a light smoky flavor, with a robust olive finish. For those who love a more
pronounced olive flavor, this is a superb olive oil!

Napa is irresistible when drizzled over pasta, vine-ripened tomatoes or roasted asparagus. Try
mixing it with mayonnaise for dipping artichokes. It’s a beautifully versatile olive oil, so you’ll enjoy experimenting with your favorite meats, vegetables or seafood to find your new favorites.
This naturally wood-smoked extra virgin olive oil is made from fresh, premium California olives
for quality you can taste.

[Image: SmokedOliveOil.jpg]

...and to order -
http://www.earthy.com/Napa_Smoked_Olive_..._P1777.cfm

the newsletter also mentions a Salmon and Fennel pizza using the oil. sure looks good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Smoked Olive Oil by cjs (Just saw this in a n...)
I can just imagine the flavor over fresh tomatoes. Are you going to get it?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Smoked Olive Oil by Gourmet_Mom (I can just imagine t...)
uh, yeah.... But, I may first play with infusing a little liquid smoke in some warm olive oil.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Smoked Olive Oil by cjs (uh, yeah.... [img]/u...)
Ok, forgive me, I know you will but all I could think of when I read the title Smoked Olive Oil, was...must've used a pipe cuz it would make a big mess with rolling papers

Sorry awful, I know, I slapped myself and sent me to my room

Btw it does sound yummy over fresh ripe tomatoes or on roasted eggplant
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Smoked Olive Oil by Gourmet_Mom (I can just imagine t...)
Indeed keep an open mind....my husband created the product and I was skeptical...until I tasted the final product. Haven't met a Chef yet who hasn't fallen in love it. My favorite is SONOMA Smoked olive oil, which just won gold.
  Re: Re: Smoked Olive Oil by bchatelain (Indeed keep an open ...)
Did you say your husband created the product?

Well, I'll be... I found this article at their site.

About Smoked Olive Oil

I also found this youtube video with Brenda Chatelain and her husband at a farmer's market. I love hearing him describe the flavors of the oils he makes.

St. Helena's Famer's Market - The Smoked Olive

If you go directly to their site, you save $2 and shipping was free (not sure what the other one is). But they also have a sampler of the Napa, Sonoma, and Santa Fe for only $25 for three 4 oz. bottles.

[Image: prod_smoked_sampler.jpg]

I ordered mine! After listening to the farmer's market video, I had to try this stuff.
  Re: Re: Smoked Olive Oil by luvnit (Did you say your hus...)
And, you found us after 5 hours??? Welcome to the forum, bchatelain, and how interesting that your husband developed a smoked olive oil. Is his/yours one of the mentioned one above??

I'm with you, Laura - I guess I'll order some and soon as Roy is up I'll check out the sites you mentioned.

Well duh, just looked at the site - Welcome Brenda!! I sure wish I'd had this product when I was working on my Pizza book - which makes me think I'd better make a pizza as soon as my order comes in and I get home!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Smoked Olive Oil by cjs (And, you found us af...)
Yeah, my husband created the smoked olive oil. He had to invent a whole new process in order to retain the integrity of the oil....long delicious story! BTW, it is killer on pizza! We're going to Tyler Florence's new San Francisco restaurant on Saturday, he uses our oils on several menu items, but the grilled calamari and the mac & cheese are to die for. Can't wait to hear how you like it & love your site!
  Re: Re: Smoked Olive Oil by bchatelain (Yeah, my husband cre...)
Yum, I bet it's heaven on calamari
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Smoked Olive Oil by farnfam (Yum, I bet it's heav...)
And, Brenda, we sure hope you'll stick around and join us often. Grilled calamari - darn, I have calamari in the trailer freezer, but no smoked olive oil!!
www.achefsjourney.com