Creamy Parmesan Dressing
  Re: (...)
Denise, this is for Derek. Yields two cups.

3 large eggs, room temp.
1 & 1/2t minced garlic
3/4t salt
3/4t white pepper
1 & 1/2 t worcestershire sauce
1/4C fresh lemon juice
2 oz or 1/2C freshly grated parmesan cheese
1C veg oil

Process first 7 ingredients and with machine running drizzle in oil until blended. It will be smooth and pale. Really good on romaine sprinkled with croutons. From Stop & Smell the Rosemary (Houston Jr. League).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing by Old Bay (Denise, this is for ...)
Thank you Bill!! Ok reading the ingredients and this will be perfect. The other ones I found were mayo based or sourcream based. And I don't do well with dairy. The cheese I'll be ok with because it's not a huge amount.

I wonder what chicken would taste like roasted in this...
  Re: Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing by DFen911 (Thank you Bill!! Ok ...)
good

Oh, and I have the book also!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Hi Denise! If your dairy problem is specifically with the lactose, aged cheeses like parmesan should be ok. The lactose is converted into lactic acid during the aging process. I always tell people that I'm no doctor and don't know if there are other factors that affect them. But maybe this will help.
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
  Re: Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing by cheesemonger (Hi Denise! If your d...)
Quote:

Hi Denise! If your dairy problem is specifically with the lactose, aged cheeses like parmesan should be ok. The lactose is converted into lactic acid during the aging process. I always tell people that I'm no doctor and don't know if there are other factors that affect them. But maybe this will help.

You sound like a chemist, not to mention that you are correct!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing by Old Bay (Denise, this is for ...)
Oh Yeah, Yum! We will try this!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing by luvnit (Oh Yeah, Yum! We wil...)
"I always tell people that I'm no doctor" - but, do you play one on television??? (Hi Allison, good to see you!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com