Wednesday, 12/29 - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Countdown to New Years!!! What's on everyone's menu?

We're spending the day downtown San Antonio and will be grazing all day, so no dinner for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday, 12/29 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Countdown to New Yea...)
My goodness you are up early Jean! Hmmm what's for dinner tonight? Salad, again. But it's a great salad with as many toppings as I can find in the fridge. We've really been enjoying our huge salads for dinner.

I will add some crostinis and tepenade from Bill and Jane and it will be perfect.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 12/29 - What's for Dinner? by luvnit (My goodness you are ...)
Since I didn't make the chicken piccata last night, that's dinner tonight. I'll add a little pasta and a BIG salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 12/29 - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Since I didn't make ...)
I made a batch of chili yesterday to eat today. Our team plays in the Texas Bowl this evening, so we'll eat at half time. Not too excited about the game, but who knows, they may just win!
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 12/29 - What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I made a batch of ch...)
I'm really excited about using my new tortilla/taco shell pans that my secret santa (Daphne) sent me! So, first up will be taco salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 12/29 - What's for Dinner? by Mare749 (I'm really excited a...)
Oh my! I forgot! I got myself a set for Christmas, also! That's up tomorrow night, for sure!

BTW, do I need flour or corn shells?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 12/29 - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my! I forgot! I...)
There is something about having these molds that make a Taco salad taste so much better!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 12/29 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (There is something a...)
Daph, I would bet you need masa harina, but I'm not sure what the molds are. Someone post a link and I'll check them out. I have a press for masa tortillas is all
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 12/29 - What's for Dinner? by farnfam (Daph, I would bet y...)
I don't have a tortilla press, so I will be buying the tortillas. Here's a picture of the molds:

[Image: 318QVSTVH4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Chicago Metallic Non-Stick Large Tortilla Shell Pans, Set of 2
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday, 12/29 - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I don't have a torti...)
I've settled on an oldie but a goodie from Epicurious. Shrimp with Basil Garlic Butter (I half the butter and it doesn't hurt anything). Will serve over fresh linguine. Sauteed zucchini and a toasted garlicky baguette on the side.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...ter-103369