Presents from Santa!
  Re: (...)
Oh yeah, Santa was generous with me this year! I'm into feeding and watching birds so I got a couple new feeders and a birdie webcam. Plus, Santa made me a wren house and a roost box! Never heard of a roost box before, but we have a ton of finches that descend on the two feeders I already have.

But the best - I got a smoker!! Old Smokey electric smoker!! Oh yeah, briskets here I come!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Presents from Santa! by BarbaraS (Oh yeah, Santa was g...)
Very Cool, Barbara! I can't wait to hear all you fix!

I got a tripod for the camera, a Cuisinart Immersion Blender, a Pyrex casserole set, a pajama set, and a down comforter. Not too shabby here either!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Presents from Santa! by Gourmet_Mom (Very Cool, Barbara! ...)
Great gifts, you two! My Christmas is very fun so far. (more to come later) Besides a fabulous present from my Secret Santa, (another thread) I got two things that I really wanted and didn't think that anyone was paying attention. One is a Cuisinart Pro 3qt. stainless steel saucepan. Nice heavy bottom on it!

The other item really floored me. Ron and I like to fly kites as a hobby and have a great collection. If you fly kites, you know, you can never have too many. Anyway, I have long wanted a Wala. This will be my new form of exercise. It's a zerowind kite that can actually be flown indoors with some adjustments. Here is a youtube clip that is just beautiful that convinced me that I wanted this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4lkH-rxL...re=related
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Presents from Santa! by Mare749 (Great gifts, you two...)
Beautiful - is it similar to this web page Connor Doran
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Presents from Santa! by Harborwitch (Beautiful - is it si...)
Oh my, the abundance this year is just unbelievable... Allison, Eric, Bill & Jane were afraid we'd feel left out in the opening of presents, so they just went crazy making us feel at home!

Let me just say up front, if you are ever invited to the Millers, DO NOT SEND REGRETS...just get your selves here. It is such a fun family. And Jane has kindly said we can have joint custody of CheeseMonger.

There is no way to list all the goodies we received today - it has just been amazing... but, here are the books -

License to Cook Texas Style
Nigella Kitchen
The Texas Hill Country - A Taste of Provence (Chef Scott Cohen)
Thomas Kellar's ad hoc at home (Roy was thrilled to receive this one.... )
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
House Rules

But, there was so much more - an abundance of riches, that's for sure.j
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Presents from Santa! by cjs (Oh my, the abundance...)
We've had such a nice day.

Let's see, I got some white canisters from Crate & Barrel, a Zenyatta baseball cap (so cute! - black with a Z in her jockey's colors - pink and aqua), newest Nelson DeMille book. And from Michael, a new wallet and a Rubik's cube. LOL.
  Re: Re: Presents from Santa! by Trixxee (We've had such a nic...)
I love hearing what everyone got! Barbara 2 words - Pork Butt!

Daphne I expect more photo slide shows and with the tripod you can do night shots now

Marye that pot will probably become the one you use for everything. And I didn't know you guys flied kites How fun is that!

Jean I'm jealous of the Thomas Keller book! I was eye balliing that myself Bill and Jane you two are just delightful and so generous!

Trixxee...so...have you mixed up the cube yet? It's hard to mix it for the first time cause once it's done it's done and the brain madness starts

Well Santa was very good to me this year. I got a new Kitchen Aid mixer. I've been using my mother in laws (that she got back in the 60's) and it's only 300 watts. About blew it up making dough back in Nov. So Derek and his Dad decided to get me the 575 watt deluxe model. Oh happy days!!

On a side note, Laura made it to Paris her plane was only 2 hour late but she got there. Tomorrow morning the board the train and head to Brussels.
  Re: Re: Presents from Santa! by DFen911 (I love hearing what ...)
Denise, I wanted to ask you how Laura was doing! So, it sounds like she's traveling for the holidays??? Give us an update!
Maryann

Re: Re: Presents from Santa! by Harborwitch (Beautiful - is it si...)
Quote:

Beautiful - is it similar to this web page Connor Doran

Yes, it is similar, Sharon. Doubt I'll ever get that good!
Maryann

Re: Re: Presents from Santa! by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I could just sit and watch him and his kites for hours.

Well it was a subdued Christmas for us, except for our SS!!!! OMG We just got back from Bill & Susans'! Wonderful appies, incredible lasagna, no-knead bread, salad with my roasted strawberry balsamic dressing, a pumpkin roll, lots of amazing wine. We finished the evening with a rousing game of "farkle".

For some reason the motor home smells like a full blown turkey dinner was cooked in here while we were gone.?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!