What's for dinner Christmas Eve?
  Re: (...)
Go ahead, I dare you!! Ask ME what's for dinner this Christmas Eve!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: What's for dinner Christmas Eve? by BarbaraS (Go ahead, I dare you...)
Okay, Barbara, what's for dinner?

We're having a heavy hors doeuver's (I can NEVER remember how to spell that!) dinner. Crab dip, roasted oysters (William just scored some!), and a meat and cheese platter.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Christmas Eve? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, Barbara, what'...)
Portillos Beef Sammies!!

I'm going to pick up some sharp provolone cheese and serve it with some great potato salad!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Christmas Eve? by BarbaraS (Portillos Beef Sammi...)
Stromboli here, with marinara for dipping and a Caesar salad.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Christmas Eve? by BarbaraS (Portillos Beef Sammi...)
Quote:

Portillos Beef Sammies!!

I'm going to pick up some sharp provolone cheese and serve it with some great potato salad!

Barbara

Yum! If we manage to get to Knott's Berry Farm next week before our annual passes expire there's a Portillos right around the corner. We'd definitely stop there.

Tonight we are going out to an early dinner (4:30) at a local Chinese restaurant. Then home to watch Elf, drink some good wine and wait for Santa.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Christmas Eve? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

Portillos Beef Sammies!!

Barbara

Yum! If we manage to get to Knott's Berry Farm next week before our annual passes expire there's a Portillos right around the corner. We'd definitely stop there.

Tonight we are going out to an early dinner (4:30) at a local Chinese restaurant. Then home to watch Elf, drink some good wine and wait for Santa.

[/blockquote]

My Secret Santa also recommends doubling up with their sausage AND beef. And I think she meant on the same sammich!

Enjoy!

Barbara
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Christmas Eve? by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm doing a rib roast Waiting for Sharon to log on and give me that horsie sauce recipe... *taps foot*
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Christmas Eve? by DFen911 (I'm doing a rib roas...)
Fresh grated horseradish, sour cream, uhm . . . . see your post about the prime rib. I seem to recall some parsley, salt & pepper. I guess I better start writing stuff down. I just do so much of that stuff by taste and rote memory.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Christmas Eve? by Harborwitch (Fresh grated horsera...)
Lol I made up a batch and then divided it into 3rds. One I added some dill, one I added green onion, the 3rd portion is still staring at me, so parsley it is

I sure hope the roast comes out as good!!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Christmas Eve? by DFen911 (Lol I made up a batc...)
Then you could just mix them all together - yum! The roast will be wonderful!

Got beets???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!