Dinner, Thursday, DECEMBER 23RD
  Re: (...)
It's getting closer.... What's on the menu for everyone today?

We've been told we're going with Tex-Mex today - anxious, anxious!

Hope no one minds, but I'm going to use this thread to review our dinners/foods with Bill & Jane, then I can find them easier when I get home.

Let me tell you, MS Jane outdid her own self last night! What a spread she put on and poor thing worked so hard, she barely got to be part of the conversations whirling around her. I got some wonderful pictures that I will post in a couple of hours. Need to get in the house and visit a minute before Roy and Bill take off for a little.

But, what a trip! First the tire hubs, then replacing tires, then the heater (fixed yesterday)....THEN, pulling into Bill & Janes driveway, you guessed it - a friggin' flat tire on the trailer (not one we had replaced!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Thursday, DECEMBER 23RD by cjs (It's getting closer....)
GEEZ! What a trip! At least you got there! I can't wait to hear more about last night's dinner!

We had Bill and Jane's Grilled Salmon Grapefruit Buerre Blanc last night...DELICIOUS! So tonight will be Lab's Hoisin Sesame Ribs.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, DECEMBER 23RD by Gourmet_Mom (GEEZ! What a trip! ...)
Wow Jean! That's a trip!

I can't wait to see pictures! Have fun you all!!! Lots of details on everything!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, DECEMBER 23RD by Gourmet_Mom (GEEZ! What a trip! ...)
Oh Daphne, you just can't believe this trip!!!

O.K., we now have power in the trailer, so I'm not on batteries for my laptop and here are the pictures from last night's dinner. What a wonderful cook Jane is and I love that she chose to do dishes that she wasn't familiar with - a couple I think she had not made before!

We started with the cheese platter - how could we not, with Allison (cheesemonger) in the family!
[Image: CIMG0168.jpg]
Aged cheddar, smoked Beef Master Gouda and a Stilton. Also, they had made a fig conserve/chutney that was delicious!

Here are Bill & Jane working in their beautiful kitchen!
[Image: CIMG0173.jpg]

Moving on to the salad - Roasted pear filled with gorgonzola and a wonderful light vinaigrette.
[Image: CIMG0175.jpg]

The entree was a provolone(?)and spinach filled chicken breast over fettuccini, but the picture didn't turn out, it was delicious. And this brussels sprouts dish from the latest C@H - grest recipe. Also, she had some beautiful Heirlooms to finish off - oh my!
[Image: CIMG0176.jpg]

Jane had creme brulee for dessert, but, darn it we were all so stuffed we didn't get to taste it.

Sure glad I've been losing weight before we got here - we'll be up to 300 lbs. soon!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, DECEMBER 23RD by cjs (Oh Daphne, you just ...)
Oh, how gorgeous everything looks! Bill and Jane really outdid themselves! I hope you guys are eating out tonight. I think they need a break before the main event tomorrow night....or is the osso bucco going to be served Saturday?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, DECEMBER 23RD by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, how gorgeous eve...)
Wow, it all looks so good!

Tonight? Whatever Mom has planned...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, DECEMBER 23RD by cjs (Oh Daphne, you just ...)
No idea what we're having for dinner. Just wanted to comment on the gorgeous meal that Jane made for you. My goodness, I'm impressed!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, DECEMBER 23RD by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, how gorgeous eve...)
Wow, what a feast!
  Re: Dinner, Thursday, DECEMBER 23RD by cjs (It's getting closer....)
Lovely pics Jean!! What a dinner that must have been!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Thursday, DECEMBER 23RD by BarbaraS (Lovely pics Jean!! ...)
My goodness! What a feast! That all looks so wonderful - Jane really created a gorgeous meal!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!