If you have any cranberry liquer this year...
  Re: (...)
here are a couple of recipes that I can heartily recommend.

Cran-tini

• 1/2 cup rum, well chilled
• 1/2 cup cranberry juice, well chilled
• 1/2 cup triple sec
• 1/2 cup cranberry liqueur, well chilled
• juice of 1 lime
• lime slices, fresh cranberries to garnish

1. In a shaker fill with ingredients add ice and shake.
2. Divide between 4 martini glasses
3. Garnish with lime slice and fresh cranberries.

Cranberry Cosmopolitan

1/2 cup Cranberry Liqueur
1/4 cup Cointreau
2 tablespoons lime juice

Mix ingredients with 1 cup crushed ice; strain into martini glass.
Makes 2 cocktails.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... by foodfiend (here are a couple of...)
Like I would find Cranberry Liqueur around here! I can't even get a mini bottle of Frangelica for the Nutella Cookies. ALTHOUGH, I'll check with BG. If she's interested, I'll pick some up in town when I go for the Frangelica and a few other things tomorrow.

Thanks for the cocktail ideas, Vicci. I was just wondering what special cocktail I should fix for Christmas Eve. I'm wondering about the Mermaid drink Jean is so crazy about that you posted. It doesn't seem like it would LOOK very Christmas-y, but it sure does sound good!

Okay, just talked to BG and she really liked the sounds of the Cran-tini. SO, IF we can find the the liqueur, that will be the cocktail of choice Christmas Eve! Thanks, Vicci!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... by Gourmet_Mom (Like I would find Cr...)
Daphne, my mermaid drink was from a gal, Vickie, who we met in Hawaii - not our Vicci.

Those do sound good, Vicci! (copied)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... by cjs (Daphne, my mermaid d...)
Daphne, I'd go with Ruby Sippers for Christmas Eve. The liquer that I am mentioning I made and if you were closer I'd deliver a bottle! But I still think that you can purchase it commercially... somewhere...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... by foodfiend (Daphne, I'd go with ...)
Well, POOH! Back to square one! Any fun cocktail ideas, anybody?
Daphne
  Re: Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... by Gourmet_Mom (Well, POOH! Back to...)
Well, hell, Daphne - doesn't Elvis sing about a "BLUE CHRISTMAS"????? Make the Hawaiian martinis!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... by cjs (Well, hell, Daphne -...)
Cranberry liqueur???? Hmmmmmmmmm. Crantini! That sounds sooooo good, especially since I "happen to have" some wonderful cranberry liqueur!!! Thank you SS
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... by Harborwitch (Cranberry liqueur???...)
Bragger! Vicci, you wanna share how you made that stuff? BG really wanted to try those Crantinis.
Daphne
  Re: Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... by Gourmet_Mom (Bragger! Vicci, you...)
Sharon, ENJOY!!!

Daphne, I will dig up the recipe in the next day or so. It wasn't difficult, but you need to allow it to steep for at least 6 weeks, AND remember to shake it every day. The end result, though, is worth it.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... by foodfiend (here are a couple of...)
Searching for New Years Eve cocktails I stumbled across your post! Both look just perfect! Thank you so much for posting!