OT-Holiday Plans
  Re: (...)
I hope everyone has safe travels during the holiday. I am really worried about our plans, as the rain event in CA will be here by this weekend. There is a great possibility it may clash with cold air from the north and snow HERE. Not to mention our trip to see YS in the mountains.

I sure hope Mini Cooper hasn't exaggerated the stability of this little car. We'll definitely be giving it a run for its money over the holiday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: OT-Holiday Plans by Gourmet_Mom (I hope everyone has ...)
Jeez Daphne, we will were just watching the National News and saw the mudslide devastations and destructions. And then, the huge snowfalls in Colorado.

I hope you and your family are safe. I need to Google Earth some areas.

Take care Daphne and post when you can!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Be safe, Daphne. I hope you have a wonderful time!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT-Holiday Plans by pjcooks (Be safe, Daphne. I ...)
Daphne, I'll be crossing my fingers that you have safe, unsnowy travels.

We're heading north to my parents' tomorrow, but Jack is driving back on Christmas Day to be with his Mom (then driving back for a few more days with me and my folks on Sunday). So far, so good on the weather front-- highs in the mid-20's and chances of snow flurries each day. Very Christmas-ey!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Daphne, I know it would be an extra expense, but have you thought of renting a vehicle that would handle snow, so that it wouldn't ruin your holiday? I would be nervous driving the mini in the mountains too!

Safe travels, Vicci, and have a wonderful holiday with your family. You and your husband are both pretty special people to split up your holiday like that for his mom. I hope that she appreciates it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT-Holiday Plans by Mare749 (Daphne, I know it wo...)
To be honest, Maryann, the Mini is supposed to be perfect for driving in the snow. My concern is that I'm used to traveling in this kind of weather in a truck. I just need to wrap my brain around that.

But to set your (and mine) mind to rest, Andrew has access to a large trailer and will just drive down the mountain, load the Mini on the trailer, and take us up the mountain! Doesn't that create a crazy picture...LOL!

But really, I'm confident we'll be fine. The big concern will be if there's snow in the eastern part of the state. Dealing with people with inadequate vehicles and/or skills could cause a problem. Thankfully, there is a four lane highway most of the way. Just in case, we're leaving at daybreak Sunday.

Now to figure out what I'll make to dazzle him and his new girlfriend so I'll have all the right spices.....OIY!
Daphne
  Re: Re: OT-Holiday Plans by Gourmet_Mom (To be honest, Maryan...)
"load the Mini on the trailer, and take us up the mountain!" - Oh, what a visual, can't you all just see Ma & Pa Kettle sittin' in the vehicle being driven up the mountain??????? ANDREW, bring your camera!!!

I know we are going to be driving back west very slowly and let all this weather get behind us, hopefully it will!

Be careful everyone!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT-Holiday Plans by cjs ("load the Mini on th...)
That will be quite a visual Daphne!

This has been an amazing storm. You know the rivers are running high when the dock ramp to your boat is going UPHILL!

We've made no big plans. Francois is going to his girlfriends. Bill thinks his daughters are coming up. My kids haven't said a word. We'll pick up something nice for a simple dinner, something we can save for another dinner if plans materialize.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT-Holiday Plans by Harborwitch (That will be quite a...)
Daphne, I really want a picture of that! The visual of you, William and your doggie all sitting in your mini on a trailer is just too much!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT-Holiday Plans by Mare749 (Daphne, I really wan...)
Hopefully, this won't be necessary, but in the event we DO have to do this, you can bet I'll be taking pictures...LOL!
Daphne