New Years, 2010, What's Everyong Doing?
  Re: (...)
So, what is everyone planning for New Year's this year? Let's hear the menus and plans.

Since we don't know where we will be yet in our travels, not sure what we'll do. We'll be in Texas or New Mexico, so I'm sure something Mexican is called for.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Years, 2010, What's Everyong Doing? by cjs (So, what is everyone...)
We have plans to go to the New Year's Dance. They have a heavy hors d'oeuvres spread and fancy desserts. We are hosting a pre-party with our friends at my house again this year. Last year we asked people to bring food and we provided beverages. The food people brought was not so great, so this year we are asking people to BYOB and we'll do the food. I'll be working on the menu after Christmas.
  Re: Re: New Years, 2010, What's Everyong Doing? by HomeCulinarian (We have plans to go ...)
We stopped going out for New Years eve a few years back. So, we will spend the evening with our girls and their families at Holly's house. We haven't planned the menu yet, as we are still working on Christmas, but it always involves a lot of appetizers/small plates for nibbling with our drinks.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Years, 2010, What's Everyong Doing? by Mare749 (We stopped going out...)
We usually stay home as well. I'll probably be doing fillets or possibly something with seafood. I really haven't thought about it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Years, 2010, What's Everyong Doing? by Gourmet_Mom (We usually stay home...)
Derek works till 5:30, we'll have our usual early dinner, he goes to bed at 8:30 I'll stay up and play video games

And the games get a lot more interesting as the night goes on and martini's keep going Hahaha!
  Re: Re: New Years, 2010, What's Everyong Doing? by DFen911 (Derek works till 5:3...)
We'll be doing a prime rib dinner with Francois and his lady. Geee Denise I hope it comes out as good as the one when you and Derek came for dinnner.

There's a New Years party here in the RV park - but I doubt we could get seats this late. Besides a quiet evening at home with dear friends sounds really good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Years, 2010, What's Everyong Doing? by Harborwitch (We'll be doing a pri...)
"And the games get a lot more interesting as the night goes on and martini's keep going Hahaha!" Speaking of games, for those who gather groups for parties, I have a new game idea for you. This may be old news to some of you, but Baby Girl asked for a game this year from Santa. It's called Apples to Apples. The Judge (a selected player) turns over a red apple card with an adjective on it. The players (4-10) then throw down a green apple card with a noun to match. The Judge picks the winner. In the 20 and up group there's drinking involved...for the winner of the round (or losers), and the game continues. Apparently, it gets more fun as the game/drinking progresses...LOL! The girl at Toys R Us was not surprised with my purchase of the game and it's purpose. She said it's really popular with the college and up crowd.

If weather permits BG to stay over Saturday night, I'll be able to fill you in on the "fun factor", since I'm sure she's going to insist on playing...LOL! We'll make William the permanent judge since he's driving up to the mountains Sunday.
Daphne
  Re: Re: New Years, 2010, What's Everyong Doing? by Gourmet_Mom ("And the games get a...)
Sharon that was good!!! Hey send me that recipe for the horsie sauce please Derek is still talking about that dinner so gonna have to do one here.

Daphne I've never heard of that game but sounds like a HOOT!
  Re: Re: New Years, 2010, What's Everyong Doing? by DFen911 (Sharon that was good...)
You know, I don't think we have that one Daphne. Thanks for bringing it up. We always need a new game around here.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Years, 2010, What's Everyong Doing? by Mare749 (You know, I don't th...)
Oh, that would be perfect for your family, Maryann! I wish I had thought of that about a week ago! OIY! Oh well, I'll take credit, so that'll count for something....LOL!
Daphne