Deciding how to use this...
  Re: Re: Deciding how to use this... by cjs ("but with a chocolat...)
Oh, I LOVE the cookie idea! I can't wait to hear how that one turns out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Deciding how to use this... by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I LOVE the cooki...)
Rob, I was thinking that a hazelnut flavored "thumbprint" type of cookie would be good with a dab of that. I make an almond flavored thumbprint with rasberry preserves and use the end of a wooden spoon to make a little hole in the top of the ball of dough.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Deciding how to use this... by Mare749 (Rob, I was thinking ...)
Oh, I LOVE hazelnut! I like that idea even better than the chocolate! Or even a combination. How about some other flavors to try...Kahlua or Bailey's Irish Cream. Any or all of these are some favorites to flavor coffee back in the day when I could afford the calories.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Deciding how to use this... by Mare749 (Rob, I was thinking ...)
Jean, that company is In Honduras, a few hours from me, so I'm not sure if you'll find it in the States or not. (P.S.: whoever did the English translation at that link didn't do a very good job, but you should still be able to understand it enough).

Maryann, how about just using Nutella in the cookie?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Deciding how to use this... by labradors (Jean, [url=http://ww...)
Sounds good to me, Rob! Nutella is always good in anything. It's worth a try. What I had in mind though was more of a shortbread type of cookie with hazelnut flavoring (either extract or Frangelico if you don't mind the expense)then maybe rolled in crushed hazelnuts, make a "dent" in the top and put a dab of the coffee jelly in it.

Gosh, I'm quickly talking myself into this one. Does that company export?
Maryann

Re: Re: Deciding how to use this... by Mare749 (Sounds good to me, R...)
I know, Maryann, I've been imagining all kinds of cookies with this stuff!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Deciding how to use this... by Gourmet_Mom (I know, Maryann, I'v...)
I see what you mean, Maryann, but I was thinking something simpler, in this case, to focus upon the coffee a bit more. That's why the thumb-print cookies came to mind.

Shall pick up some Nutella tomorrow.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Deciding how to use this... by labradors ([img]http://img689.i...)
Coffee and other herb and spice rubs on Roast Beef are very popular in restaurants. Take your Jelly and mix in Ground Garlic powder, Onion powder, Blk Pepper, Salt, Dry Thyme and a little Cayenne, rub the mix on and follow favorite roasting or grilling recipe. Grilling use indirect heat so it doesn't burn. For roast Chicken, loosen the skin and apply the rub under the skin and some inside for extra flavor. Enjoy...JJ
  Re: Re: Deciding how to use this... by ChefJimmyJ (Coffee and other her...)
Welcome to the forum, CJimmyJ - with the chicken, that's how I do mine also, under the skin plus a little rub outside. So good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Deciding how to use this... by cjs (Welcome to the forum...)
Just thought of another cookie, Rob. Thin buttery shortbread disks with the jelly in between like a sandwich cookie.
Maryann