What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 12/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're meeting Denise and Derek for an early dinner - after all they are still working stiffs! Looking forward to seeing them again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 12/15?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Yeah us!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 12/15?? by DFen911 (Yeah us! [img]/ubbth...)
Have a wonderful time everyone! Be sure to take some pics.

Ron is starting to feel better and getting a little bit of an appetite, so I'm thinking of making corn chowder. Not sure if he will want much more than that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 12/15?? by Mare749 (Have a wonderful tim...)
Crap...Jean bring your camera! I forgot mine
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 12/15?? by DFen911 (Crap...Jean bring yo...)
Have fun!

Both Tony and I are going out to lunch today (separately) so we may just nibble. I picked up some fresh, small rolls at the bakery this morning and I pulled out a few honey baked ham slices from the freezer. We can have that if needed.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 12/15?? by Trixxee (Have fun![br][br]Bot...)
It's in the purse as we speak!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 12/15?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Oh you are going to have soooo much fun - please give each other hugs for us! Wish we were going to be there.

I don't have a clue about dinner yet. We've got some errands to run so we'll see. Best bet is leftovers from last night!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 12/15?? by Harborwitch (Oh you are going to ...)
Jean & Denise - Pictures!

Tonight is my turn to host Book Club. We read Hundred Foot Journey, but I'm not making French or Indian food. Since it's near Christmas, I'm testing my Christmas Eve dinner on my friends. It's from the Best Make-Ahead book Holiday menu. Switched already made Tomato Basil soup for a Shrimp Bisque, then making Tenderloin with a Port Cherry sauce, Potato gratin, roasted asparagus, and for dessert one of ladies loves to make dessert, so I asked her to bring something chocolate. Beef is trimmed and tied, soup, sauce and gratins are made & ready to reheat, just have to blanch and roast the asparagus and roast the beef. Should be good!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 12/15?? by HomeCulinarian (Jean & Denise - Pict...)
Jean and Denise, have a wonderful visit. I'm looking forward to the pictures!

No clue what we're having for dinner. I'm not feeling particularly inspired after reading the book club menu. I want tenderloin with port cherry sauce and potato gratin, but that's certainly not going to happen tonight!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 12/15?? by karyn (Jean and Denise, hav...)
Jeannette, your dinner sounds marvelous....and much like mine for Christmas Dinner this year, also. Have fun!

Jean, Roy, Denise, and Derek....have a GREAT time and get a hug for me! I can't wait for pictures!

We had our Christmas party at school this afternoon, so I'm not really very hungry. (No, I didn't make anything. We don't have an oven OR stove at school, and Andrew and Ashley have been home....much more important things to do.) I considered having some leftovers, but I wasn't sure if Ashley left any. Plus there's lunch tomorrow to consider. So I picked up some beef for burgers and some tater tots. I've got salad in the fridge.

BTW, did I mention we have a 2 hour delay tomorrow?!?!? And the icing on the cake is that Friday is a half day! This is the week that keeps on giving!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.