Changing dessert pan sizes.
  Re: (...)
Is it possible to make this in a 13x9 pan? If so, can you please suggest a temperature and cooking time. This is the best chocolate cheesecake that I've ever tasted in my life.

Chef Anne-Marie Huste's Chocolate Cheesecake (Kennedy White House-Jackie's chef)

16 oz chocolate cookies
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 c melted butter
1 c sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 lb cream cheese, softened
16 oz semisweet chocolate
1 t vanilla
2 T cocoa
3 c sour cream
1/2 c sweet butter, melted

Crush the cookies. It should be about 2 cups. Mix with cinnamon and half cup melted butter. Press crumbs firmly to bottom and sides of 9" spring form pan.

Beat sugar with eggs until light and fluffy. Add cream cheese gradually, beating well after each addition.

Melt chocolate & add to egg mixture with vanilla, cocoa, sour cream, beating constantly. Add melted sweet butter. Mix well.

Pour into chilled shell and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.

Chill overnight in refrigerator.

Cheryl's notes:
May have to bake longer.
Half of this recipe is a whole lot.

Jan:
It sure sounds easier than I remember, lol.
Jan (aka Half Baked)
  Re: Changing dessert pan sizes. by Ennui (Is it possible to ma...)
Jan, going from a 9" round pie size to a 13X9" pan, you will have a very thin cheesecake. I would suggest you make at least 1 1/2 times the filling. Well, you'd have to have more crust also.

Bake pretty much at the same temp and time, but check maybe after 30 minutes to see how set it is.

You won't have any problems with it - I redo cheesecake recipes all the time to prepare in a baking sheet (18X24") for catering and have never had a problem.

This one sounds tasty, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Changing dessert pan sizes. by cjs (Jan, going from a 9"...)
That recipe sounds so good. Can I ask why you want to bake it in a 9x13 pan? (I really love my round spring-form pan)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Changing dessert pan sizes. by Mare749 (That recipe sounds s...)
Lol, we had 2 places to visit on Christmas (hours away from each other) and each asked that I bring this cheesecake. I thought it would be easier to transport if they were in 13x9 pans.

As it turns out, because we are also celebrating my aunt's 90th birthday and 2 relatives are flying in from Alaska, we have a 3rd place to visit (another hour away).

So, I'm doing it the easy way, 1 choco cheesecake to go to my sister's in the 9" spring form, a Costco pumpkin cheesecake for Harold's family and a cookie platter for the Alaska group.

This chocolate cheesecake is a real keeper. Lol, obviously we've been making it since the 1960s.

Thanks for your help!
Jan (aka Half Baked)