Thursday, 12/9 - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

this was my little goodie for the day yesterday...
[Image: drinks002.jpg]

Vicki's Hawaiian Mermaid Martini

We're meeting #2 son and wife tonight for dinner at an Italian place in Sacto, so will be having a great time. He's the one who does Battle Bots - has anyone ever seen them? What a hoot. I'll try to find a link about them.

Here's a link to "Team Plumb Crazy" - These 'fights' are so fun to watch and Matt & Wendy are really good at it-
http://www.tpcbots.com/indextpc_001.htm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday, 12/9 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
CJS, ok so how am I making Vicki's Hawiian Mermaid Martini... puhhleeeez?

Oh yea, for dinner tonight is roasted cod veracruzana over black rice.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 12/9 - What's for Dinner? by VinceF (CJS, ok so how am I ...)
Yum on the martini and the cod veracruzana!

I'm making chicken topped with proscuitto and asiago cheese with a lemon caper sauce. Sauteed zucchini and baked potatoes on the side (yup, still working on that 10 pound bag).
  Re: Re: Thursday, 12/9 - What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (Yum on the martini a...)
Here you go Vince and are they ever good!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Vicki's Mermaid Martini - Hawaii

2 oz. hypnotic
1 oz. blue Curacao
1 oz. vodka
1 oz. sugar water (I used 2 cups water + 3/4 cup sugar)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You don't want the sugar water too sweet, but I do like this ratio.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday, 12/9 - What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (Yum on the martini a...)
Trixxee, I got a new thing for a baked potato:
Pre-heat oven to 425
Combine 2T olive oil, 2T butter, & 2 cloves garlic crushed, heat to combine flavors
Set your potato on a cutting board, lengthwise, rounded side down.
make 1/4in slices going the short way, but only go 3/4 way through the potato, it will open up like a fan during baking.
Drizzle with half the oil/butter making sure you get a little between the leaves.
Bake 45-55 minutes or until done. Drizzle with the remaining mixture and salt/pepper as desired.
Enjoy!
  Re: Re: Thursday, 12/9 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Here you go Vince an...)
Awesome, thanks a brizzilian!
  Re: Re: Thursday, 12/9 - What's for Dinner? by VinceF (Awesome, thanks a br...)
Vince, I've done potatoes like that and I agree, they are delicious.

and, you are welcome for the recipe.
www.achefsjourney.com
I just found a video explaining the fanned potato but I don't peel it and all that other stuff Betty is doing. Check it out at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0CimUKcYoA
  Re: Re: Thursday, 12/9 - What's for Dinner? by VinceF (I just found a video...)
Have to do a Sam's Club run, then 1/2 day of prep, so I'm thinking it will be something real fast and easy. Maybe pizza, or an omellette.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 12/9 - What's for Dinner? by VinceF (I just found a video...)
Thanks Vince, I'm going to have to try those potatoes.

Haven't decided on dinner yet. Looking for inspiration...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."