Tuesday's Dinner - 12/7??
  Re: (...)
Darn, don't have a flag with us to fly for Pearl Harbor Day!! Prayers sent out to all who keep us free!

What's on the menu for today? (probably soup for Daphne!)

We're going to stop somewhere and spend a couple of days just lounging and I'll cook up some dishes to have ready on travel days. Seems like we've been running for a month, so we're stopping somewhere we know no one and can just kick back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/7?? by cjs (Darn, don't have a f...)
Have fun, Jean! Our fridge is full, turkey enchilladas, pork steaks in red sauce, turkey soup and biscuits, lots of leftovers.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/7?? by Lorraine (Have fun, Jean! Our...)
Maybe I told you all last year at this time, but I'll tell it again... my aunts were civilian employees at Pearl Harbor at the time of bombing. Their stories were horrifying and fascinating. They have since passed.

Not sure about dinner. Hubby is suffering a broken rib from falling on the ice, and we have concert tickets for tonight. Not sure what we'll do tonight!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/7?? by HomeCulinarian (Maybe I told you all...)
Oh Jeanette, I am so sorry about your hubby. My mom did that one year - in Arizona of all places.

Not sure what dinner is yet. Guess I had better get thinking of it since I need to geti t thawed.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/7?? by cjs (Darn, don't have a f...)
Anywhere close???? Shoot, you won't tell me will you!

I have no idea what we're having. Last night we had our crab, so we have some leftover. I'll let everyone know later.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/7?? by Harborwitch (Anywhere close???? ...)
We're having "Mom's Fish in a Clay Pot" (vietnamese recipe) and Vicci's Soba Noodles without the chicken. One of our favorite meals.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/7?? by Mare749 (We're having "Mom's ...)
Your dinner sounds delicious Maryann!

We're having crock pot tortilla soup. I'm busy wrapping gifts to ***** all over the country, so I needed something easy.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/7?? by karyn (Your dinner sounds d...)
No ear infection.....YEA! She said I must have pulled a muscle during one of my violent coughing fits the other day.

But it is bitterly cold here, so I'm using the last of my turkey carcass broth for homemade Turkey Noodle Soup and maybe some cornbread to go with.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (No ear infection.......)
Feel better soon! I'm crossing my fingers, certainly don't need any colds or flu.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner - 12/7?? by Harborwitch (Feel better soon! I...)
We're in Corning, Sharon and the weather is so wonderful! I'm grilling steaks, potatoes, and onions for dinner and sitting outside in shorts the whole time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com