What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/5?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight?

We're meeting Don at 10 a.m. to scout around Portland, with no ideas for dinner in mind yet.

Going to try to hook up with Morris(Scotty from C2C) and go see him wherever he's working now, in Vancouver. So, really up in the air.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/5? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Not even sure! This morning we will be taking 30 year old son to brunch in Chicago then heading home. I think I have a ticket to the nutcracker ballet with my girlfriend, so it will probably every one for themselves! Not our typical Sunday.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/5? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, if meeting Scotty doesn't work - we found a place in Woodland, WA - Guadalajara restaurant. The food and service were superb, and a real surprise. I can give you the address if you would like.

Guadalajara

Well duh I'm getting almost as dumb as the guy in Vancouver WA that told 4 travelers from Alaska that it was only 400 miles to Mexico.

You're already in Oregon. Maybe on your way back, it's a great lunch stop.

Crab is on sale - if we get ourselves in gear I think we'll have crab, salad, and garlic bread (on speedy no-knead).

If not, it could be those stuffed acorn squash.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/5? by Harborwitch (Jean, if meeting Sco...)
I've got the smoker going so doing a Carolina smoked pork butt and then I think I'll serve with a cabbage/apple slaw.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/5? by DFen911 (I've got the smoker ...)
We're heading down to Dana Point Harbor for a Mexican brunch for my brother in law's birthday at noon. We should not be hungry for the rest of the day after that but if we are, there are bagels and cold cuts.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/5? by DFen911 (I've got the smoker ...)
What time is dinner???? That sounds good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/5? by Harborwitch (What time is dinner?...)
I've got to do some smoking soon. The supplies of pulled pork, beef, and brisket are running low...

We're having baked ziti tonight, probably with a salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/5? by karyn (I've got to do some ...)
H5O Bistro & Bar in Portland is supposed to have Crab (and other) Poboys.....so we'll probably head there for brunch. Am taking a camera.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/5? by cjs (H5O Bistro & Bar in ...)
Crab Poboys....YUMMMY!

It's really cold here, for us, so I decided to do a big pot of The Best Ever Clam Chowder. I may do bread...depends on time. I'm doing grades today...YUCK!

Speaking of cold, YS called. He's excited about his first big snow. They've got 8 inches with more on the way! Luckily, winter work clothes came in right before the temperatures dropped, so he's in good shape. Although, nothing helps when there's blizzard conditions....BRRRRRR!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 12/5? by Gourmet_Mom (Crab Poboys....YUMMM...)
We've cooled down--high in the 50's. Brunch may be our big meal of the day. Our Cheesemonger came in Friday and helped with our first party--she made a cheeseboard--wonderful!! We took some lefover aged cheddar and made delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. To start we took some of our roasted red pepper/ chipotle soup from the freezer, heated it, and added a little cream. Some Texas Tempranillo was perfect. We are full!! Delicious brunch!! Soup & sandwich.

P.S. Well, we found two chicken pot pies we made and froze!!! Too tired to cook--planning ahead--isn't it nice!? Dinner is perfect.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".