A Bourbon Weekend (Hello Old Bay)
  Re: (...)
We are doing brunch tomorrow, and it seems to be a bourbon weekend. Bourbon Pound Cake with bourbon whipped cream. The cakes turned our great. Another dessert is a Holiday Bread Pudding. We soaked fruit in bourbon for about two weeks. I baked them off today, the smell in the kitchen was incredible. Can't wait to serve them all tomorrow, along with Chocolate Pecan Tarts.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: A Bourbon Weekend (Hello Old Bay) by Lorraine (We are doing brunch ...)
Mercy, Lorraine! William would melt!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: A Bourbon Weekend (Hello Old Bay) by Lorraine (We are doing brunch ...)
OMG - that all sounds so good, and I can just imagine how good the kitchen smells.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A Bourbon Weekend (Hello Old Bay) by Harborwitch (OMG - that all sound...)
I smell it here--really!!! And it smells good!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: A Bourbon Weekend (Hello Old Bay) by Old Bay (I smell it here--rea...)
I would love a recipe please if you don't mind sharing
  Re: Re: A Bourbon Weekend (Hello Old Bay) by DFen911 (I would love a recip...)
Sounds delicious, Lorraine. We just love bourbon pound cake, and I'll bet that bread pudding is fabulous.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Bourbon Weekend (Hello Old Bay) by Mare749 (Sounds delicious, Lo...)
Oh my, some drooling going on here, also.

That bourbon whipped cream sounds good, may have to do that for the pumpkin pie I promised Roy I'd make on the trip sometime - he didn't get enough at Thanksgiving.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Bourbon Weekend (Hello Old Bay) by cjs (Oh my, some drooling...)
Thanks, folks, both desserts went over really well. Jean, the whipped cream is great. I use our house made vanilla which is bourbon based. Denise, I don't mind sharing. I'll post the recipe once I unload the van.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: A Bourbon Weekend (Hello Old Bay) by Lorraine (Thanks, folks, both ...)
I'll keep my drool bib on
  Re: Re: A Bourbon Weekend (Hello Old Bay) by DFen911 (I'll keep my drool b...)
Got an extra drool bib???? Yum.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!