A "Wrap for Dinner" Question
  Re: (...)
For the small plates I'm thinking of a wrap (maybe offer 2 different) - if you were having a wrap for dinner with the filling of:
chicken, pineapple, cheddar/Monterey Jack blend, honey mustard dressing

other than a green salad, what are some options for side dishes - remember this is for 'small plates' - my mind is not working and you all come up with the best ideas that I can steal.

Thinking of a Caesar Chicken Wrap (Caesar salad in a wrap)
also.

Any and all ideas accepted. hmmm, maybe a light soup? a couscous timbale? oh, the mind is working now....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A "Wrap for Dinner" Question by cjs (For the small plate...)
Quote:

Thinking of a Caesar Chicken Wrap (Caesar salad in a wrap) also.

Wouldn't even think of that other combination as a wrap - that's more of a "platter"-type meal. In fact, as I read your question about the salad, I was thinking, "I would just scrap that platter and put the chicken AND a Caesar salad into the wrap." Then I read your next line. LOL!

As far as a salad for the first one goes, maybe something with a light dressing and some toasted coconut would be a good complement to having the pineapple with the chicken.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
It's funny how sometimes just talking about a "writers" block can help get you "unblocked".

When I think pineapple in a savory application, I think bacon. Actually, that would go for the Caesar, also. A tomato soup shot with a little bacon sprinkled on? Or a tomato bread pudding with bacon? For the pineapple thing: A beer cheddar soup shot? I know you said a light soup, but that's just where my brain went. A warm fruit compote? I'm thinking something with coconut would work with the pineapple one, also. I'm no good with pineapple, I've never been able to wrap my brain around it as a savory ingredient. Oh, one more...something with Canadian bacon?

Not much help here, I'm afraid.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A "Wrap for Dinner" Question by Gourmet_Mom (It's funny how somet...)
Perhaps you should also serve some frogs legs or rabbit. That way you could have "Wrap and Hip Hop Night."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
At a restaurant in Montana I had a wasabi chicken wrap that was amazing - at my request the chef added some wasabi to the coleslaw and it was fantastic. Of course wasabi might be rough for a wine tasting.

Shoot - I'm no help!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A "Wrap for Dinner" Question by Harborwitch (At a restaurant in M...)
"Shoot - I'm no help!" Yes, you are! Wasabi coleslaw sounds good - all the ideas. Well, maybe I'll skip the "Wrap and Hip Hop Night."

Keep 'em coming. I can think of a lot of wraps to go with the sides....maybe that's the direction my mind needs to go. just brainstorming here. thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A "Wrap for Dinner" Question by cjs ("Shoot - I'm no help...)
"I can think of a lot of wraps to go with the sides" As crazy as it sounds, I'm the same way.

Mac & cheese with a pulled pork wrap is just one example...BRB!

Spanish rice timbale with a taco wrap.

Lemon rice with a chicken piccatta style wrap?

Black Beans/Corn Salsa with a burrito style wrap?

(Why am I stuck on Mexican?)

Caesar with a tomato mozzarella salsa

Fish taco style wrap with a cilantro slaw

A primavera style wrap with a veggie side...like a crudite skewer?

The Thai pork wrap...a C@H recipe that we reviewed

Eggroll ingredients in a wonton wrap with a fried rice timbale?

Okay....I've gotten so far afield, I'll quit now....LOL!

Feel free to delete the whole post....just playing.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A "Wrap for Dinner" Question by Gourmet_Mom ("I can think of a lo...)
How about a beef fajita, caramalized onion, bell pepper,cheese and salsa wrapped in an iceburg lettuce leaf? Pork tenderloin strips would work too. Ever consider making a sliced bite size Spanish rice mold to go with something like that? Wild thinking!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: A "Wrap for Dinner" Question by Old Bay (How about a beef faj...)
"(Why am I stuck on Mexican?)" - because both of us were probably Mexicans in another life!!!

"Wild thinking!!" - and, that's exactly what I'm needing.

Whole thread is copied and will certainly be played with. Thanks!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A "Wrap for Dinner" Question by cjs ("Shoot - I'm no help...)
Just thinking here - kind of Moroccan chicken in a wrap with hummus and a little pilaf with lots of goodies. (Dried apricots, pistachios, etc.)

A deconstructed wrap with Injeera, the chicken,and hummus with cucumber spears,and ???????

Why is my mind going Moroccan???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!