Thank You, Vets!!
  Re: (...)
It's raining today, so don't know if I can fly my flag - probably have to run out and in collecting it all day. (One of my biggest soap boxes is the flag not being flown correctly!!!!!!!!!)

But, also will be giving thanks to all the vets for our way of life that we are so lucky to live. Especially to my Dad - a Navy man and what a wonderful, good man!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thank You, Vets!! by cjs (It's raining today, ...)
Thank you to all the veteran's out there! Without you, our life would be much different today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thank You, Vets!! by Gourmet_Mom (Thank you to all the...)
Thank you to a great number of Americans who are so under-appreciated by so many other Americans.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thank You, Vets!! by labradors (Thank you to a great...)
I get so choked up every time I read these posts. My dad was in the Marines during WWII, and I have always been so very proud of him. Last night on FB, one of my friends, Irene, posted these beautiful words that I would like to share:

A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check
payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and
including, their life. That is beyond honor, and there are far too many
people in this country who no longer remember that fact. Happy Veterans Day to all our Veterans, past and present. Please ...know that you are loved and appreciated.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thank You, Vets!! by Mare749 (I get so choked up e...)
Yes, thank you! My dad, husband and brother are all vets.
  Re: Re: Thank You, Vets!! by Trixxee (Yes, thank you! My ...)
Oh Maryann, that is so beautiful. I have a picture of my Dad's graduation - it's about 200 men and him being French Canadian, his is the only hat set at a jaunty angle. So handsome!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thank You, Vets!! by cjs (Oh Maryann, that is ...)
Happy Veterans day to all the men and women who have served and protected our country. We are fortunate to have had their bravery and love of country to lean upon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thank You, Vets!! by Harborwitch (Happy Veterans day t...)
I kissed one this morning.

Hubby served in the Navy and now we both work for the betterment of the US Navy - AEGIS!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Thank You, Vets!! by BarbaraS (I kissed one this mo...)
I'm very thankful for the gift of freedom our servicemen and women have provided since our country was founded. I pray daily that those who are on active duty return home safely. Happy Veterans Day!
  Re: Re: Thank You, Vets!! by karyn (I'm very thankful fo...)
Thank you all--for all your service--you have kept me safe.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".