Sweet Potato Rolls
  Re: (...)
Didn't someone around here make something like these sometime??? sounds familiar and sounds interesting.

Sweet Potato Rolls – makes 24

3/4 cup milk
1 cup mashed or pureed cooked sweet potato
3 tablespoons melted butter plus a little for the tops when the rolls come out of the oven
1 large egg -- beaten
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Add all ingredients to the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Use the basic dough cycle.

When the cycle finishes, tear pieces off of the dough to make balls, and place in a greased 9-inch square baking pan so they're just touching but not too close.

I make the balls about 1 3/4 ounces each and get about 24 rolls.

Cover with a cloth and let rise for about 45 minutes in a warm, draft-free place.

Bake in a 375° oven for about 20 to 23 minutes, until nicely browned. Brush the tops with melted or softened butter while they're hot.
By Diana Rattray, About.com Guide
NOTE:
These delicious rolls are kneaded in the bread machine, making them a snap to prepare, shape, and bake. These are perfect for Thanksgiving dinner, or make them for any family meal.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sweet Potato Rolls by cjs (Didn't someone aroun...)
Those sound really easy and so good. Thanks for posting.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sweet Potato Rolls by Harborwitch (Those sound really e...)
Thanks for posting this, Jean. I may have to give these a try soon. They do sound easy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sweet Potato Rolls by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for posting t...)
well poooh, I don't have my bread machine with me. Could I run the ingredients through the food processor? Allowing rise time, of course?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Sweet Potato Rolls by chef_Tab (well poooh, I don't ...)
Thresa, I'm going to use my KA to do the kneading, just like I do for other breads. If you are successful using your processor for other breads, I don't see why it wouldn't work here. Hey, it's just bread...right?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sweet Potato Rolls by Gourmet_Mom (Thresa, I'm going to...)
That is my hope! The KA is also in storage. I do think I need to "proof" the yeast before adding to the dry ingredients tho. No problem.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Sweet Potato Rolls by chef_Tab (That is my hope! The...)
You had me at sweet potatoes, Jean! I've been making sweet tater biscuits ( we make small ones and fill with country ham for an app), but I've never made the rolls. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sweet Potato Rolls by Lorraine (You had me at sweet ...)
Think I'll add these to Thanksgiving, and guess I'd better add this recipe to the thread up above.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sweet Potato Rolls by Lorraine (You had me at sweet ...)
Quote:

You had me at sweet potatoes, Jean! I've been making sweet tater biscuits ( we make small ones and fill with country ham for an app), but I've never made the rolls. Thanks!

Oh, that was it! I knew Lorraine had made an app with sweet potatoes, but it was biscuits, no rolls.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sweet Potato Rolls by cjs (Didn't someone aroun...)
I make sweet potato rolls everything Thanksgiving, this recipe sounds close, but I'm not sure. (Too tired to go downstairs and look) I add dried cranberries, and add extra as garnish on top. They are so pretty and good. Great color to the bread basket!

PJ
PJ