What's for Dinner, Sunday, 11/7??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

I wasn't going to do a brunch, after a week of that d*mn candy laying around here (I tried to get Roy to give out all the little Snickers, they are my downfall), but the bacon is so calling me, we will probably have BLTs and some sparkling.

For dinner, another CarbLover dish, Pan-Seared Scallops (but I have Talapia) with Southwestern Rice Salad
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 11/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I don't know. I'm going to be with my girls and granddaughters (and SIL).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 11/7?? by Harborwitch (I don't know. I'm g...)
I'm going to try the Gingered Carrot Soup, Corn Bread (and cranberry) Stuffed Turkey Breast, and Mango Cranberry Sauce. The first two were featured yesterday. I'll let you know how it turned out.

Now to go figure out what to substitute for Muscato? Go figure...one of the substitutes is Gewürztraminer. Isn't that the one you liked recently, Jean? I don't have that, but I DO have port. So I'm good to go!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 11/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to try the...)
to drink? or to use in one of the dishes? to drink, I'd probably go with a riesling, a prosecco or a sparkling.

I have a batch of 4 hour "18 hour bread" going, I used the Whole Wheat/Rye/Cornmeal version....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 11/7?? by cjs (to drink? or to use ...)
No, the Muscato is used to reconstitute the cranberries for the stuffed turkey breast. Actually, now that I realize it's just another way of saying Muscat wine, I think I might be able to get that at our local grocery. I need some drinking wine anyway, so it won't be an unnecessary trip. Or would you use sweet vermouth? I've got that and never use it. I'm going to have to go with the vermouth or get a sweet wine. I just realized that the port I've got is a tawny.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 11/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (No, the Muscato is u...)
No, I wouldn't go with sweet vermouth - if possible you 'should' (I use this term very infrequently) have a large bottle of Noilly Prat to use for your white wine needs.

Just a Muscat would be perfect.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 11/7?? by cjs (No, I wouldn't go wi...)
I can't find Noilly Prat. Would it go by a different name? But I'm pretty sure I can find Muscat or Muscatel, so that should work. Around here, muscadine grapes grow like crazy. A local winery, Duplin Wines, produces quite a variety. If they DON'T have the Muscat or Muscatel, I'll go with one of their dessert wines. That should be safe enough. I only need a third of a cup to rehydrate the cranberries.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 11/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (I can't find Noilly ...)
Keeping it simple after the bbq and devastating Zenyatta loss yesterday.

Linguine with white clam sauce. And wine. Need wine today.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 11/7?? by Trixxee (Keeping it simple af...)
Oh, but she sure ran her little heart out, didn't she, Trixxee??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 11/7?? by cjs (Oh, but she sure ran...)
She sure did jean, she sure did. We love her even more now. But twice today I had to get the tissue box out - once when I read an LA Times article where the author said imagine her confusion when she wasn't lead to the winner's circle and got to come back around the track to see her fans.

And then there's this press conference with Mike Smith. My heart aches for him.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/v...871AACD9AB

I don't think I'm going to let myself get this attached to a horse again (not that there will EVER be another Zenyatta). It's hard. I know a lot of people will think I'm nuts to get down over this but I can't help myself. I think I will feel better when I see Mike Smith back in town and back on a horse - which I imagine will be on Thursday at Hollywood Park. I hope they have some sort of recognition ceremony for him.

And when you re-watch the video, it's a miracle she only lost by a nose.
http://www.adannews.com/18549/video-bree...-over-zenyatta/