T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Leftovers (Barley Risotto) are it for us today.

Will be slicing up the bacon today that I smoked yesterday and I have a feeling BLT will be in order in the next day or two... I added more black pepper and a couple jalapenos to the curing so I'm anxious to taste this batch.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
No cooking tonight. We're going to one of those "night at the races" fundraisers and I guess they serve food. Don't know what, but may not be much. It seems that people take all kinds of appetizers with them.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Friday's are our date night, no cooking here!
Last night we did have portobello kung pao straight out of an old CH, it was good.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by VinceF (Friday's are our dat...)
Quote:

Last night we did have portobello kung pao straight out of an old CH, it was good.

Love that recipe!

Not sure, I think we'll eat leftovers before we go dancing.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I have a lot to do for our Zenyatta party tomorrow so tonight I'm pulling out some homemade lasagna out of the freezer.

I need to go to an award's assembly for Michael at school, clean the house, make my cherry cola glaze and make our Zenyatta banner (which means a trip to Michael's for art supplies). I better get going!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (I have a lot to do f...)
Have Fun Trixee!!

Vince I will have to check out the portabello Kung Pao recipe.

Crock pot recipe. It will either be Chicken tortilla soup or white chicken chili.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by esgunn (Have Fun Trixee!![br...)
Erin, we love chicken tortilla soup! It's one of my favorites for the crockpot on busy days.

We're going for comfort food tonight...macaroni and cheese. As a concession to health, I'll either make a clean-out-the-fridge salad or roast some broccolini.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by karyn (Erin, we love chicke...)
We're having steak night, as usual. The employee is here. Thankfully, my butcher sold me the steaks for last week's sale price. I love having a nice butcher. He does that a lot!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having steak n...)
After lots of fluctuating, I finally decided to go with sloppy joes. I like the recipe from Dr Gourmet, but I am using ground turkey breast instead of beef. My taste buds are coming back slowly and I have some energy. Antibiotics must be working. Sadly.....no adult beverages until Monday
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by chef_Tab (After lots of fluctu...)
That's o.k., Theresa, I'll take care of that part of your diet...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com