CH#84 Pulled Turkey Sandwich
  Re: (...)
This caught my attention to make for our overnight Thanksgiving guests, so last night I made a test batch to make sure it was good if I followed the recipe.

The sauce for the turkey is fine, a hybrid that was middle of the road.

Dressing for the slaw was lost when combined on the sandwich, maybe because it has a mustard/vinegar base. Instead, I'll make a slightly sweet vinegar base dressing with a small amount of mayo.

Even though the slaw had a nice crunch, I felt the turkey lacked some texture interest. I'll heat the combined turkey/sauce in a 350 oven uncovered.

Last thing, the sandwich was/should be good but it needs something to pop; I'll put some shaved white or red onion on a platter for an option. Should I use white or red?
  Re: CH#84 Pulled Turkey Sandwich by VinceF (This caught my atten...)
Hey VinceF nice to see you back. Thanks for the review. I think I would prefer the sweeter/mayo version of slaw too. I would probably use red onion. I can't taste much difference, but for the color alone I would use red. I am sure others will add some input also.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: CH#84 Pulled Turkey Sandwich by luvnit (Hey VinceF nice to s...)
This one caught my attention also, but reading it sounded a little blah - unless the BBQ sauce was a very spicy one and/or a very spicy mustard.
(Too bad you don't have my jar of cippolinis in balsamic... )

I think I'd go with a red onion also. Come to think of it, I made coleslaw dressing yesterday, I might have to try this one. My dressing is similar to what you make (mayo, cider vinegar, etc.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CH#84 Pulled Turkey Sandwich by cjs (This one caught my a...)
Just got my magazine yesterday, so have only flipped through. Must have missed this one. Thanks for the review, Vince.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thanks for the great review Vince.

I checked this one out too. Maybe the Bourbon BBQ sauce??? I usually go the other way - rice wine vinegar, horseradish, and mayo on the slaw. Zingy zingy.

Red onion!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: CH#84 Pulled Turkey Sandwich by Harborwitch (Thanks for the great...)
"Bourbon BBQ sauce" - darn, just usd the last of it on the nachos. I could drink that stuff!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CH#84 Pulled Turkey Sandwich by cjs ("Bourbon BBQ sauce" ...)
Great review, Vince! I'm glad to see you jumping in! I had that one marked, so I'll save your notes. Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
those cipollini's... I love em'! haha
  Re: Re: CH#84 Pulled Turkey Sandwich by Harborwitch (Thanks for the great...)
Red onion it is! I'll make the bourbon BBQ sauce too since I've seen everyone raving about it, thanks!
  Re: Re: CH#84 Pulled Turkey Sandwich by VinceF (Red onion it is! I'l...)
I'd better make some while I have the bourbon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!