Earl Grey Tea cookies (Vegan)
  Re: (...)
Every month, I created at least 2 cookie recipes for customers at my shop. Mainly to show off the stuff I have and to also show them how easy it is to bake a cookie without the use of fancy equipment like a cake mixer. Maybe an oven.

This is for November..also next week, the Hindus in Singapore celebrates the Festival of Lights.

This is super easy to do. Great for tea with friends. For kids too. If any kid you know is allergic to eggs or gluten..you can substitute tea leaves with cocoa powder or anything a child loves without having allergy to.

Enjoy!

Just baked..
[Image: EarlGreyTCookies1.jpg]

Piped out..ready to go into the oven.
[Image: EarlGreyTCookies2.jpg]

Earl Grey Tea Cookies- VEGAN
Recipe By Gina Choong

Makes 36 cookies

Ingredients
220g Rice Flour
250ml Sunflower oil(or regular corn oil)
100g light brown sugar
2 tea bags of Earl Grey Tea leaves

Method:
1. Mix all in a bowl and stir till it forms into a smooth and soft dough.
2. Put into a piping bag with a star tip.
3. Pipe straight onto a baking tray
4. Bake in preheated oven 170C for 25 mins.
5. Remove to cool before storing in jars.
6. Goes great with weak tea or coffee!
People Learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17 New Internationl Version, Bible

tasteoftime.blogspot.com
  Re: Earl Grey Tea cookies (Vegan) by Gina_Choong (Every month, I creat...)
Those are very pretty, Gina! I like the idea of piping, it would be quick and easy which is always a good thing.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Earl Grey Tea cookies (Vegan) by Gina_Choong (Every month, I creat...)
Gina, those look wonderful. Definitely going to try them. Thanks for the recipe.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Earl Grey Tea cookies (Vegan) by Dismc (Gina, those look won...)
they certainly do - thanks Gina.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Earl Grey Tea cookies (Vegan) by cjs (they certainly do - ...)
I like the idea of tea cookies. I'll have to give these a try over the holidays. I can actually get the tea!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Earl Grey Tea cookies (Vegan) by Gourmet_Mom (I like the idea of t...)
Earl Grey seems to be one of those things people either love or hate, but I happen to love it, and I would really love to try these cookies. None of the regular stores, here, carry Earl Grey, but I think I've seen it in Dunkin Donuts, so I'll have to see if I can get the teabags and not just a cup of tea.

Do I understand the recipe correctly, that the actual leaves are removed from the teabags and added to the mixture (i.e. you'll be eating the leaves once these are all done)?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Earl Grey Tea cookies (Vegan) by labradors (Earl Grey seems to b...)
May have to try these. Earl Grey is my favorite tea, don't know if Bob's crazy about it thought.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Earl Grey Tea cookies (Vegan) by Harborwitch (May have to try thes...)
yes..the idea of using tea leaves out of a tea bag came from a cookbook from Japan. They use it to make the most delightful Earl Grey Tea sponge cake..

Its like eating tea..Smile
People Learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17 New Internationl Version, Bible

tasteoftime.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Earl Grey Tea cookies (Vegan) by Gina_Choong (yes..the idea of usi...)
Cool! I know it's not unheard of, but it's good to double check.

Considering the taste of Earl Grey, I would probably like the sponge cake even better than the cookies. Do you have the recipe for that - or, at least, the amount of tea leaves one would add to a standard sponge cake recipe?

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?