Slow Cooker Book Reviews
  Re: (...)
How's the "Slow Cooker" book looking? Anyone preview it?

I have "Slow Cooker For Dummies" and I really only used two recipes from it. Although I should look again to make stuff for my Mom so she can just reheat at home.

Thoughts? I can't do anything spicy.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Slow Cooker Book Reviews by BarbaraS (How's the "Slow Cook...)
Barbara, if you are talking about the first book, here is a thread reviewing it.

Slow Cooker Menus Review

If there is a new one, I can't help.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Book Reviews by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, if you are ...)
Barbara, I've done:

Cajun-style chicken wings with cool lemon sauce - Great, it does call for chili powder (could cut it in half) and jalapeno (could omit this), and you'd still have a little bite but it wouldn't be hot and the flavor would be there.

Chicken Chili Verde - another great one. Reduce the poblanos to one or two (they really are not hot chiles tho) and you'd probably be fine.

Open-faced pot roast sandwich with gravy dip - another really good one,

Laquered shrot ribs with spicy ginger sauce - we did this for Theresa's B'day dinner review in March and we all (I think) gave this one high marks. In fact, we liked the sauce so much, I added it to MasterCook to use with other dishes.

Barbecued baby back ribs with Apple & herbs pasta salad - another winner.,

Pork Adobo with tropical fruit salsa - I gave this one a so-so.

Bistro-Style pork chops with reuben toasts - great!!

Beef stroganoff with parsley noodles and brussels sprouts with bacon - again, both ewere great. Roy loved the stroganoff.

Cowboy beans with poblano chiles - very good, but needs the poblanos, so might be a little too spicy for you.

Bahn mi sandwich with cucumber & carrots - didn't like at all.

And others have made quite a few from this book, too.

Wow, I had no idea I'd made so many of the recipes in this one. There are a couple more I want to try also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Book Reviews by cjs (Barbara, I've done:[...)
Including the others I have made that are in the other review - Laquered ribs, Braciolla, Bolognese sauce, I made the classic pot roast with thyme and garlic gravy a few days ago. It was good.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Book Reviews by esgunn (Including the others...)
So what is the overall concensus on this book? I have been contemplating buying it. I was thinking it would be good to do some crockpot stuff this winter while I am working during the day on visual aids. Then a fabulous dinner would be cooking and waiting for when hubby came home. Or should I not bother?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Book Reviews by luvnit (So what is the overa...)
Well, any book that I have gotten 8 winners, 1 so-so, and 1 didn't care for, is a book that I would buy again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Slow Cooker Book Reviews by cjs (Well, any book that ...)
I agree with Jean, Laura. I have not fixed as many from the book as Jean and some of the others, but I have a bunch I want to make. Spring arrived soon after I got the book, so I've been saving it for this winter.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.