My Absolute Favorite Dessert!!
  Re: (...)
All my life, I have loved this dessert!!
[Image: CIMG0094.jpg]
Apricot Cobbler (or pie before heartburn took over ) and chocolate ice cream

But, first we had to (?) have dinner - another mushroom pizza, but this time not so rich. I sauteed onions and tomatoes in a littel olive oil and chicken stock, then added a couple T. basil.

[Image: CIMG0090.jpg]
Layered the onion/tom, cremini mushrooms, mozz. and more trufflestack chese, some beecher mushrooms I had left and topped with Parm and green onions.

Made a better dinner pizza than the first one - which was so rich, it needs to be an appetizer.
[Image: CIMG0091.jpg]

But, dessert was the most star of today - half of the cobble went to the neighbors, just can't have that in the house.
[Image: CIMG0094.jpg]
drool.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: My Absolute Favorite Dessert!! by cjs (All my life, I have ...)
The pizza looks and sounds great, but I can't seem to wrap my brain around apricots and chocolate...
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My Absolute Favorite Dessert!! by Gourmet_Mom (The pizza looks and ...)
One of the few times I want my chocolate messed with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Absolute Favorite Dessert!! by Gourmet_Mom (The pizza looks and ...)
Quote:

The pizza looks and sounds great, but I can't seem to wrap my brain around apricots and chocolate...

Ohhhh, I most definately can...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My Absolute Favorite Dessert!! by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Wow. I just had dinner and those photos are making me hungry!!!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: My Absolute Favorite Dessert!! by cjs (All my life, I have ...)
Jean! Geeze that is pushing buttons around here. I gave all my frozen apricots to Cousin Renae.

We did two little appetizer truffle pizzas tonight, grilled rib eyes (I think I understand the issue with the grill! POC), and THE salad. You are responsible for our corruption . . . and we love you for it. Francois loves you too.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: My Absolute Favorite Dessert!! by Harborwitch (Jean! [img]/ubbthr...)
good (and rich) isn't it?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Absolute Favorite Dessert!! by cjs (good (and rich) isn'...)
Oh yeah!!!!!! I just wish I'd have found my truffle salt. That would have made a difference, but it was soooo good anyway.

(I have to perfect this salad so I can share it!)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!