Stilton, Cranberry and Walnut Tart
  Re: (...)
This came in one of my newsletters this a.m. and sounds so good and holidayee Hope it passes the test and I'll post it in the Holiday thread, if it does.

STILTON, CRANBERRY AND WALNUT TART

Flour 8 Oz
Salt 1/2 tsp
Margarine 4 Oz
Stilton cheese -- crumbled 1/2 to 3/4 Lb
Fresh cranberries as needed
Walnut halves as needed
Eggs -- beaten 3 to 4 each
Half-and-half 1/2 pint

1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.

2. Combine flour, salt and margarine into a dough and press into 8-inch tart pan.

3. Prick base of tart shell with a fork and bake blind for 5 minutes. Reserve to cool.

4. Place Stilton in bottom of pastry shell and top with desired amount of cranberries and walnut halves.

5. Combine eggs and cream and pour into shell to almost fill. Bake in 450 degree F oven to set, about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with a mesclun salad and hedgerow jelly.

6. Note: The size of the tart can vary as desired; tarts can be frozen and warmed to order.

Chef-Co-owner Barbara Jago-Ford
Front Parlour Tea Room - Madison, Conn., USA
Yield: 1 8-inch tart or 4 servings

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Stilton, Cranberry and Walnut Tart by cjs (This came in one of ...)
Oh Jean! Now you've gone and done it! I have pie crust, cranberries - need walnuts and Stilton. We have a friend who adores Stilton, this would be a fun gift for him. If we don't eat it first
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Stilton, Cranberry and Walnut Tart by Harborwitch (Oh Jean! Now you've...)
Oh, yum does that ever sound good. Great idea. I might add bacon YUM
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Stilton, Cranberry and Walnut Tart by farnfam (Oh, yum does that ev...)
Oh, Jean! I hope this one makes it, because it sure does sound good! If it makes it, it will surely go on our appy list for the holidays!

Did you know, I got to looking at all my appointments in the coming few weeks and realized Thanksgiving is only 4 weeks away?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

That means Christmas is almost upon us! YIKES!!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Stilton, Cranberry and Walnut Tart by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Jean! I hope th...)
Bacon????? oh, cis, yes.

4 weeks and it all begins.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Stilton, Cranberry and Walnut Tart by cjs (Bacon????? oh, cis, ...)
That sounds really good!
  Re: Stilton, Cranberry and Walnut Tart by cjs (This came in one of ...)
Jane had packed--she loves Stilton!!---She's ok now.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Stilton, Cranberry and Walnut Tart by Old Bay (Jane had packed--she...)
Bill, you just lost me.....
www.achefsjourney.com