Where's Barbara? Sunday Dinner - 10/17??
  Re: (...)
Time to get up sleepyhead, Barbara!! I waited until after 8 a.m.

What's on everyone's menu for today?

I'm going to see what you are all up to and steal someone's idea.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Where's Barbara? Sunday Dinner - 10/17?? by cjs (Time to get up sleep...)
LOL!! Sunday's always Italian for us. Going to have some cheese raviolis with homemade meatballs and bread from Wegman's. Boy do I love their bakery goods!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Where's Barbara? Sunday Dinner - 10/17?? by cjs (Time to get up sleep...)
I made lasagna this morning to take to Holly's later. The kids are closing up their trailer for the season this weekend, so will be coming home with stuff to unpack, wash, and put away till Spring. Also picked up some nice shrimp, so I'll probably take some of Jean's recipe for garlic shrimp along as well. Italian bread and a salad will complete the meal. We're trying to avoid desserts except for holidays.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Where's Barbara? Sunday Dinner - 10/17?? by Mare749 (I made lasagna this ...)
Aha, the shrimp sounds good - maybe that's the way we'll go. I think I have shrimp in the freezer.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Where's Barbara? Sunday Dinner - 10/17?? by cjs (Aha, the shrimp soun...)
Honestly Jean, sometimes we just can't get enough of them!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Where's Barbara? Sunday Dinner - 10/17?? by Mare749 (Honestly Jean, somet...)
Travelling out of town to do some radio-antenna work. Made some caramels to take to the people there, as well. Should be back tomorrow afternoon (maybe Tuesday, but more likely tomorrow).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Where's Barbara? Sunday Dinner - 10/17?? by labradors (Travelling out of to...)
Well, I hope to finally make that Bulgogi. If I'm smart, I'll prep a couple of next week's dinners as well. Although, a nap is sounding pretty darn good right now.

Maryann, those shrimp are THE best! As a matter of fact, I picked up shrimp for Uptown Kevin's Spicy Shrimp with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce this week. I think I've got enough to make some Scampi, too! If William doesn't come through with some catfish for Catfish Stew, that will make a great substitute!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Where's Barbara? Sunday Dinner - 10/17?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I hope to fina...)
I miss Uptown Kevin!! Emailed him a few times when he was giving permission for me to use a couple of his recipes, but haven't 'talked' to him for a while now.

Hmmmm, darn those sound good too!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Where's Barbara? Sunday Dinner - 10/17?? by cjs (I miss Uptown Kevin!...)
Well, I should have posted earlier, maybe you'd want to do these: We made some ravioli, stuffed with a very spicy crab and ricotta filling. Topped with roasted eggplant and pesto garnished with fried mushrooms. Man it was good!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Where's Barbara? Sunday Dinner - 10/17?? by farnfam (Well, I should have ...)
Did everyone have Italian-ish dinners???

Sunday night is (almost) always pizza. As Thursday is (almost) always spaghetti. It makes two nights each week a little easier...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com