Wednesday's Menu - 10/13?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I played with corn tamales last weekend, wasn't too impressed with the filling I made, so I'm morphing them into a tamale 'pie' casserole with the l/o Mexican rice, Merquez sausage, enchilada sauce...a real mishmash.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Menu - 10/13? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Well we got started visiting with people in the park. So we just made some simple tacos from the roasted pork. Tonight will be the big dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Menu - 10/13? by Harborwitch (Well we got started ...)
Tonight I'm finally making the Butternut Squash Soup and Sausage-Apple Empanadas from Cuisine's Splendid Soups. We have had the soup before and loved it, but never had the empanadas to go with. Can't wait!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Menu - 10/13? by Mare749 (Tonight I'm finally ...)
Chicken and white bean chili here. With cornbread.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Menu - 10/13? by Mare749 (Tonight I'm finally ...)
Last week, Anon was looking at a VERY old thread where someone had requested a HOT WINGS' WRAPS recipe. Roxanne posted the recipe. Well, it sounded so good, I've decided to make that for dinner. The wrap is a lettuce leaf, not bread. So I'm feeling a little healthier with this over last nights dinner. Gotta balance, ya know!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Menu - 10/13? by Gourmet_Mom (Last week, Anon was ...)
I'm making pork stew and apple mashers from CAH #83. I'm also making a Make Ahead batch of baked chicken and vegetables from the Cooks Illustrated magazine for Thursday.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Menu - 10/13? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making pork stew...)
Jeannette, if I was smart, I'd double up tonight, too. I've got the Hatch Green Chile Stew coming up tomorrow night. Aside for the fact that I'm usually wiped out on Thursday nights, we all know stews are MUCH better made the day before.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Menu - 10/13? by Gourmet_Mom (Jeannette, if I was ...)
HOT WINGS' WRAPS recipe. - Daphne, would you post this recipe?? please?

Never mind, I found it - but was it ever given a positive review? Angela didn't like it - did I miss Roxanne's? Crap, I'll go search again.

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Menu - 10/13? by cjs (HOT WINGS' WRAPS rec...)
Gladly...I'll let you know how they turn out, but how could they not? I'm tempted to use your Blue Cheese Dressing recipe instead, but I'll stay true to the recipe this time....plus, I don't have any buttermilk. Also, check out the thread. This is a thread I brought to the top recently. You commented on several ideas in the thread.

* Exported from MasterCook *

HOT WINGS' WRAPS

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the blue cheese sauce---
Stir together -- Fold in:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Juice 1/2 lemon
Salt and cayenne to taste
1/3 cup blue cheese -- crumbled
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
For the condiments---
Prepare:
1/2 cup cucumber -- halved lengthwise, seeded, thinly sliced
1/2 cup celery -- thinly sliced
1/2 cup carrot -- julienned
8 bibb lettuce leaves -- washed and dried
For the chicken----
Combine:
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Toss together -- Saute in 1 T. vegetable oil:
1 pound boneless chicken -- skinless chicken breast or thighs, cubed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning

Stir together mayonnaise, milk, Worcestershire, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne for the sauce. Fold in blue cheese and parsley, and chill until ready to serve.

Prepare vegetables and lettuce, keeping each separate. Chill until ready to serve.

Combine wings sauce, honey, and lime juice in a bowl.

Toss chicken and seasonings together in a bowl. Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat; add the oil and saute the chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken begins to brown, about three minutes. Add the hot sauce-honey mixture; simmer until sauce reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes.

To assemble wraps, place about 1/4 cup chicken and a little sauce in each lettuce leaf. Arrange condiments in separate dishes, then have each person add them as desired. Drizzle with the Blue cheese sauce before serving.

Source:
"Issue 51 page 9"
S(Internet Address):
"http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6398&an=0&page=0#Post6398"
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Menu - 10/13? by Gourmet_Mom (Gladly...I'll let yo...)
That recipe looks good Daphne. I can almost taste it.

Tonight we are having ribeyes on the charcoal grill, baked taters with butter and sour cream, iceburg salad with French dressing and garlic bread.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura