I have missed you all!
  Re: (...)
Well, since the afternoon with my mom's ex-husband and my healing back that has had me laid up, my son had two full-blown asthma attacks including an ER visit. The poor little guy. He was very scared and the more excited he got, the worse it became. The past two days he has been on 5 medications (all at once) and is getting so much better! I am so relieved.

Now we know what has been going on with him. He was looking so tired all the time and had a cough all night long. His eyes were looking so dark with circles under and he just wasn't himself.

Once things are under control with the Predisone, they will be able to control it better. He looked so much better yesterday morning, like he had the first great night sleep in weeks!

He's seems like he is on his way back to his old self!

[Image: 05-17-2010034655PM.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: I have missed you all! by luvnit (Well, since the afte...)
Oh Laura, he must have been so scared. Did you not know he had asthma before this? You need a few days relaxation, it sounds like.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I have missed you all! by cjs (Oh Laura, he must ha...)
We were told a year or so ago that he had very mild asthma. It would flare up only during colds and such. He would get medicine then. When the cold was over, the meds would be over too.

Recently I had noticed that things had changed. More coughing, more wheezing, etc. But when he had the evening attacks, extreme trouble getting a breath inward, I knew something had changed.

He has so many allergies, I wasn't surprised. But I have always hoped he would grow out of this stuff.

Now with daily meds, he will be able to move on. Sleep better and certainly breathe more comfortably.

Hopefully this is last of the chaos. Today I get to shop! By myself!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: I have missed you all! by luvnit (We were told a year ...)
It's so good to hear that things are getting more under control. Asthma is terrifying! I only had 2 attacks in my life but I was sure I was dying. Poor little guy must have been so frightened. Heartbreaking to see a child frightened like that. I'm so glad he's better.

Medical science has come so far in the care and treatment of asthma. Another stress is your life is eased.

(BLEEP)allergies!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I have missed you all! by luvnit (We were told a year ...)
Enjoy your day, Laura!

I wasn't diagnosed until I was 25, and with minimal meds I've been able to control it until last year when I had to add 2 more to the mix. Mine, also, are mostly allergy induced.

I very well know the panic that starts when you are wheezing and can't catch your breath-- and I was an adult at the time. Your poor son, I'm so glad he is having some relief (I love Prednisone on these occasions!).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: I have missed you all! by luvnit (Well, since the afte...)
Laura,

I am glad your little guy is feeling better. It is so sad and very frustrating to see our kids sick and not be able to much about it.

I sure have noticed that our allergies seemed worse this year. We have had to stay on our allergy medications instead of just seasonaly. I hope the new meds work for him!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: I have missed you all! by esgunn (Laura, [br][br]I am...)
Laura, I'm so glad he's felling better! My YS used to wind up in the emergency room every Thanksgiving because of severe coughing and asthma. It's not fun for anyone!
  Re: Re: I have missed you all! by foodfiend (Enjoy your day, Laur...)
My two attacks were allergy related - they were at my Grandmother's house (scared her almost to death) and the only thing we could come up with was her Camay soap.

Our allergies were non-existent in North Dakota. They're starting to come back now that we're in CA.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I have missed you all! by Harborwitch (My two attacks were ...)
I'm so glad to hear that your son is doing better, Laura. What a stressful time you have had recently! Hopefully, this will be the end of it and your son will be okay now. And also sending healing thoughts your way that your back will ease up. I can't imagine taking care of a family with back problems. Take care of you.

BTW, your son is absolutely adorable! I'll bet all the little girls in his class think so too!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I have missed you all! by Mare749 (I'm so glad to hear ...)
Oh, Laura, I am so glad to hear things are getting back to normal at your house. What a scare for all of you, but especially him! Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy your day...you need it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.