What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/5?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

(been some fantastic reviews the last few days - it's going to take me forever to catch up)

We're headed to Victoria today for two days and will be back Thursday. (don't know if I'll have access to internet, so I may be out of touch) After we check out the condo and if the grill is a good one, I think we'll just have grilled steak and potatoes for dinner and watch the world go by.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/5? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have a great time, Jean. Hope you have better weather than we are having here. Cold and rainy!

I'm still thinking about what to make for dinner. Katie and Abby are coming here after school because Holly has to hold parent-teacher conferences tonight. So, I want to make something that I know they will like, which isn't really all that hard since they eat anything I make.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/5? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have fun you two!!! Sounds like a great way to spend a couple days.

We're off to go get our grill and slice and package the stuff we smoked at Joan's Friday. Mmmmmmmmmm. Something wonderful on the grill tonight I hope.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/5? by Harborwitch (Have fun you two!!! ...)
Enjoy the trip, you two, how fun.

I've got more tomatoes roasting in the oven and planning to do a pizza with them and other stuff for toppings
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/5? by farnfam (Enjoy the trip, you ...)
Cis, did you happen to see the Roasted on the Grill tomatoe basil sauce in a recent isuue? If you are using up tomatoes, this was very good. If you're interested, I can look up which issue.
Shannon
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/5? by Dismc (Cis, did you happen ...)
I lucked out and found some frozen lasagna Tony made a few weeks ago. I'll make a salad to go with.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/5? by Trixxee (I lucked out and fou...)
I'm making TNT pork loin roast tonight, garlic mashed, baked tomato and broccoli...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/5? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making TNT pork ...)
I have a pork tenderloin in the crock pot and by the time I get home it should be magically turned into Chili Verde
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/5? by Dismc (Cis, did you happen ...)
Sounds good, Shannon I'd like to see the recipe, I don't have any issues past 65 or so tho'. If you can scan or type it, that'd be great Thanx
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 10/5? by farnfam (Sounds good, Shannon...)
Again, another day when everything sounds so good!

We had an early lunch at the Blue Crab

www.bluecrab.ca

Oh my, our chefs were 2nd year apprentices and they were outstanding. I took pictures of our luscious lunches, but it's an instant camera, so will have to wait to post pictures. But, it'll be worth the wait.

In one of the guide books, I found a restaurant that offers SUSHI PIZZA!!! (guess where we're going for dinner - if we can run of enoug of our lunch! )

www.nauticalnelliesrestaurant.com

This condo is so luxurious (I don't even know how to spell luxurious....let alone live it) but we're giving it a bloody try... pictures to follow.

(had to tell Brian to go back to work, that I'm able to get on )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com