REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade
  Re: (...)
I chose the Pizza Stuffing with mushrooms and olives. I did the recipe exactly as written except for one thing. I didn't feel the pesto was enough. I would say I doubled it. I don't know if it was the pesto I used or what. Maybe a store bought brand would work with 1/4 cup, but I used Bill and Jane's recipe (which is very good BTW).

William would never give it a score. He just kept saying that this is the best thing I've made in the past two years. The flavors were REALLY good! If you stick to the 8 servings, the calorie count is not too far out there. I served it with a spinach salad and was very satisfied with my serving. William...not so much. Luckily, I have some chicken picatta left over from last night. I have been forbidden to take the leftovers from tonight to school tomorrow. He'll probably polish off the rest tomorrow for breakfast and lunch.

I'd give it a 10. This one's right up there with the other 10's we've had in my opinion.

[Image: DSC04920.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade by Gourmet_Mom (I chose the Pizza St...)
This looks/sounds delicious! Which book is this in?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade by Gourmet_Mom (I chose the Pizza St...)
OMG!!! Looks and sounds beautiful.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade by Harborwitch (OMG!!! Looks and so...)
OOPS! Sorry! This is in Cuisine at Home, Issue 82, page 25. The stuffing is on page 27. There is a Creole stuffing on page 26. Heck, the marinade for the steak is worth using alone, but with this stuffing...AWESOME!

I forgot to mention that I would make this on a weeknight...that easy...but only if I had the pesto made ahead of time. One mistake I made was to marinate the steak before doing the spinach/mushroom mixture. That created a wait time I don't want to have next time. So I will probably do all my prep ahead, start with the mushroom/spinach part of the filling; THEN, put the meat on to marinate while this part of the filling cools.

The directions for the grilling was PERFECT! And the skewer used to secure it worked like a charm.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade by Gourmet_Mom (OOPS! Sorry! This ...)
Looks like something we would definitely like! Going to give this a try.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade by HomeCulinarian (Looks like something...)
Oh my, another one that sounds really good!! Glad when things calm down and I can get back in my kitchen!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade by HomeCulinarian (Looks like something...)
Quote:

Looks like something we would definitely like! Going to give this a try.

Ditto!
Great review Daphne! It looks delicious!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade by esgunn (Great review Daphne!...)
Beautiful!
Looks really good, Daphne! I might actually get Picky to eat this. I also love C@H's other flank steak recipes, I don't know the issues off hand but I really love their technique for butterflying the flank so it is super thin. Not having my issue at hand, was this the same method used? You make 3 cuts total: cut, fold back onto itself, then cut once each on either side. Open up like a book. Looks a little tricky but works like a charm. Sorry I don't know the issue #. I just got home from an extremely emotional funeral and don't have a whole lot of energy left to find the magazine.

Thanks for your review, will have to try soon.

PJ
PJ