Daphne/Wilmington NC Posters - Are you Okay??
  Re: (...)
Please check in. We just heard you got 22" of rain.

We only got 5" up here but the creeks and rivers are rising. The Delaware and Schuylkill Rivers are above flood levels.

I hope all is well with you.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Daphne/Wilmington NC Posters - Are you Okay?? by BarbaraS (Please check in. We...)
Barbara, see the Maryann says "Hi" thread. And it was more like 30 inches. We're fine and no one has had any mishaps. I was worried about baby girl trying to go to work with streets flooded in Wilmington, but she checked in yesterday doing fine. OS doesn't drive, but he checked in also. All is well.

The lake continues to rise, but we haven't had any rain in a couple of months, so hopefully there won't be any problems. The only possible problem is YS's neighbor's place. They have a place in Pender County on the Cape Fear River. (This area probably got more than anywhere else other than New Hanover- Wilmington) It was to get over 13 1/2 feet above flood stage. They have a camper there, and they couldn't leave to pull it out until yesterday. I haven't heard about how it went. Considering that the road leading into the property is not a paved road, I'm not sure they would be able to get it out of there.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Daphne/Wilmington NC Posters - Are you Okay?? by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, see the Mar...)
OMG, they are in our prayers. They will be fine. I remember the Cape Fear River from the original movie--Robert Mitchum was incredable--no blood, just evil!! Great movie and cast. Sorry--our thoughts are with you--be well!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Daphne/Wilmington NC Posters - Are you Okay?? by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, see the Mar...)
We'll be thinking about you all. Stay safe!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Daphne/Wilmington NC Posters - Are you Okay?? by Harborwitch (We'll be thinking ab...)
The extremes are just unbelievable. Hope everyone stays higher and dryer and safe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Daphne/Wilmington NC Posters - Are you Okay?? by Harborwitch (We'll be thinking ab...)
Stay safe, stay dry and stay home if you don't HAVE to go anywhere.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?