Lets Talk About "Billy J Cotton"1 year& 2 days ago
  Re: (...)
We all lost someone very special, the kids and I had been sharing diffirent stories about him and some of the funny times we've had, I just can't believe it's only been 357 days, It seems so so very long ago since I had seen or talk to him.
I still laugh hysterically about the "kitchen towel" he sent to Lorraine and she wore it in public thinking it was a nice "scarf" laugh my but off still about that and every time I use my "kitchen towel" I still do.
Or the time he made Whipped Cream that turned into butter, I thought mom was gonna kill him you don't screw up Jeans whipped cream
Or the time he brought beef tenderlion for a Christmas dinner and mom almost lost her mind when she opened it and all it was was pices of tenderlion Ughhhh and he was so embrassed but in the end we finally got a laugh out of it.
I sure miss him terribly...........
  Re: Lets Talk About "Billy J Cotton"1 year& 2 days ago by madmax (We all lost someone ...)
It sure does seem much longer. Gosh, there are so many funny threads on here. The best ones are when Billy would get side tracked or lost and Jean would get so flustered trying to reel him back in...hilarious!

But I sure miss him. Every time I see tie died anything (There's a commercial on now where a kid accidentally tie dies a shirt and starts a new trend and it plays a lot.) I think of Billy. And then there's all the "Buddy" dogs I see around. I sure do get misty-eyed with a silly smile on my face.

But you know, after thinking about it, it sure does seem nice that he lives on in the archives of this forum.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lets Talk About "Billy J Cotton"1 year& 2 days ago by Gourmet_Mom (It sure does seem mu...)
Billy was a gift we all got to share. I remember him being so flustered over making a souffle and when he finally tried it how proud he was.
  Re: Re: Lets Talk About "Billy J Cotton"1 year& 2 days ago by DFen911 (Billy was a gift we ...)
I miss him almost everyday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lets Talk About "Billy J Cotton"1 year& 2 days ago by DFen911 (Billy was a gift we ...)
Oh Denise - that was such a special moment!!! That souffle was so good, there wasn't a crumb left.

For some reason I had this irrational thought that if we went to Meatball Oregon he'd be back. His spirit was with us while we were there.

When I talked to him that morning he was so excited, he was going to go out and buy "real clothes", slacks and shoes. He was planning his Spring trip to North Dakota for a nice long visit.

His cell phone still dials my number now and then and my heart stops when I see a thread pop up with his name. Bob and I miss him so much. Billy was such a special friend to all of us - always willing to help and one of the most giving people I've ever met.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Lets Talk About "Billy J Cotton"1 year& 2 days ago by Harborwitch (Oh Denise - that was...)
I like to remember how he would post pix for me, before I figured out how to do it. One time he posted pix of my kitchen (remember that thread of our kitchen pix?) and Jean asked how did he do that. He said he snuck over in the middle of the nite and no one knew but the cat (who was in the pix sitting on a bench) We will always love and miss him
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Lets Talk About "Billy J Cotton"1 year& 2 days ago by cjs (I miss him almost ev...)
I did not know Billy personally-----but I sure thought I did!!!! He is truly missed by me......what a personality he was!!!!!!! Thanks for bringing this up, madmax!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Lets Talk About "Billy J Cotton"1 year& 2 days ago by farnfam (I like to remember h...)
Oh yes that's Billy there for anyone at anytime for anything......You can't have a better friend. Oh and how he also so liked to surprise people with his lil gifts whether he showed up with them or surprise you in the mail with "something he saw and thought you needed or wanted" he was just never ending. I'm not on this forum much but I can tell you Billy knew everything that was going on and who was who and would just tell endless stories about so many people on here like he was talking about his own family it was wonderful how much he cared and loved. Well I'm starting to rattle so better end this and get back to work.
  Re: Re: Lets Talk About "Billy J Cotton"1 year& 2 days ago by madmax (Oh yes that's Billy ...)
Tracy got it right. When I lived in Toronto, I would get boxes in the mail, very unexpectedly. Sometimes it would be 5 sets of measuring spoons because I had mentined that Gil didn't have any. Or, it could be 10 cookbooks I had always wanted. Or, it could be 50 tupperware containers. He was the most genoutous person I had met. I miss him.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Lets Talk About "Billy J Cotton"1 year& 2 days ago by Lorraine (Tracy got it right. ...)
When we made the move before the move to ND I commented on the phone with Billy that it was going to be rough with just Bob and I to do the move. It wasn't too long before he was on the phone to let us know he was bringing his pickup truck and coming to help us move.

God love him!!! He was incredible - a true friend! Cr@P! I'm crying again.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!