What's For Dinner, Thursday, 9/30??
  Re: (...)
Geez, wasn't it just yesterday that I typed "...the last day of August"?????? The older we get, the faster it goes, huh?

What's on everyone's menu for today?

We may end up ruining our dinner tonight - we're meeting up with an old school friend who just happens to be the mgr. of the wine dept. of Yakima's Costco!! (Don't ya love old friends? ) She's going to suggest some wineries that we haven't yet tried over here - hopefully she can come up with some, seeing as how we've been coming over here tasting for so many years.

Yesterday, we were going to have hamburgers, but we stopped at a bistro that we hadn't stopped at before and had a snack of the sampler plate - turned out to be all Sysco microwaveable items, I'm sure. so were weren't too impressed and ruined our appetites to boot.

So, Hamburgers for brunch this a.m. - hope we can manage the fillets that are thawing for tonight, or that will be brunch tomorrow a.m. (sorry, probably a hell of a lot more than anyone ever wanted to know about out food time-line!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, 9/30?? by cjs (Geez, wasn't it just...)
It sounds like a fun day, Jean.

We're finally trying out the Steak Goulash Stew tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, 9/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (It sounds like a fun...)
We're heading over to Joan's (LvsTahoe)today to give her lots and lots of hugs, some wine, and do some smoking. She's thawing some pork chop so we'll see what happens.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, 9/30?? by Harborwitch (We're heading over t...)
Sharon, I'm sending my hugs, also. I'll be anxious to hear how she is doing.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, 9/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, I'm sending ...)
I have some chicken/artichoke/kalamata olive sausauges from Whole Foods to make. I'll also make some bowties with a sun-dried tomato cream sauce.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, 9/30?? by Trixxee (I have some chicken/...)
Chicken and noodles here.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, 9/30?? by HomeCulinarian (Chicken and noodles ...)
Steak, baked potato and broccoli---with a salad for me!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, 9/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, I'm sending ...)
We have rescheduled for tomorrow. We had an old friend drop by unexpectedly as we were getting ready to leave. He stayed and stayed and stayed and it got later and later.

Joan is doing "ok". It has been really really rough on her, but Lee passed gently and peacefully in a Hospice care home which gives her a lot of comfort. She's got a huge hole in her life right now and she's coping by staying as busy as she can. Sadly one of their dogs also passed away. She wasn't doing well, and although Joan thought she died of a broken heart it was a brain lesion (very similar to Lee's COD).

Dinner plans obviously changed - steaks, Caprese salad, and crusty bread. There was a special deal at the store on beef and wine so we got a really good deal.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, 9/30?? by Harborwitch (We have rescheduled ...)
Oh, Sharon. I am so sorry. When you mentioned Joan, I wondered about her husband and did a search to see if I had missed a post about his condition. I didn't realize he had passed. How sudden and tragic.

Again, please pass on my blessings and prayers to Joan. I'm sure your visit will mean a lot to her.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Thursday, 9/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Sharon. I am so...)
I'm sorry - I think in the process of getting settled and all involved with that I forgot to post that.