October Dinner Review Menu
  Re: (...)
Sorry, I was going to post this last night but didn't get around to typing it in. DUH! I just typed in the fish part and tried to save it...DOUBLE DUH! I had intended to make this weeks ago and had already typed it in. I think somebody is hogging the thinking time. THERESA!

To give everybody a full two weeks to make the dinner, we'll review this recipe on October 18, 2010. Here are the recipes:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Prosciutto-Wrapped Tilapia with Fresh Sage

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese -- shredded
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
18 ounces fish fillets
8 leaves sage -- fresh
4 slices prosciutto
4 teaspoons olive oil -- divided
2 tablespoons walnuts -- toasted and chopped

Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil.

Stir together lemon juice, Parmesan, 1 T oil, honey, salt, and pepper flakes for the topping; set aside.

Pat fillets dry with paper towels. Place 2 sage leaves on each fillet. Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around sage and fillets. Secure with long toothpicks.

Grill fillets, covered, until cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove toothpicks.

Serve fillets with Broccolini Risotto. Garnish servings with walnuts and drizzle lemon-Parmesan topping over fillets and risotto.

Broccolini Risotto

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 tablespoons olive oil -- divided
1 tablespoon shallots -- minced
1 cup Arborio rice
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups hot water -- divided
1 bunch broccoli -- (8 ounces)

Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil.

Heat 1T oil in a saucepan over medium. Add shallots; saute 3-4 minutes. Stir in rice; saute 1 minute.

Deglaze pan with wine; simmer, stirring constantly, until liquid has evaporated. Stir in 1/2 cup hot water; simmer until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding hot water in 1/2-cup increments, stirring frequently and adding more hot water only after previous water has been absorbed.

Coat broccolini with remaining 1 T oil. Grill broccolini, covered until it begins to char on all sides, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes total. Chop broccolini into bite-size pieces; stir into risotto.

"This is from the Fresh and Fabulous book, pages 56-57."
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: October Dinner Review Menu by Gourmet_Mom (Sorry, I was going t...)
Sounds awesome, since (as I may have mentioned...) I love anything with prosciutto and sage. I'm looking forward to trying this out!
  Re: Re: October Dinner Review Menu by karyn (Sounds awesome, sinc...)
Do you think it would work if I wrapped thinly sliced turkey ham, instead of prosciutto, around the tilapia?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: October Dinner Review Menu by foodfiend (Do you think it woul...)
Vicci, I don't see why not, but I would personally think about turkey bacon instead. I'm thinking you would get more of the cured flavor from the bacon.

See you there, Karyn. After all your fish experiments this summer, I'd hoped you'd jump on this one!
Daphne
  Re: Re: October Dinner Review Menu by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci, I don't see w...)
Whoooee, this does sound like a good one - thanks for posting the recipes also, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: October Dinner Review Menu by cjs (Whoooee, this does s...)
Good idea about the turkey bacon, Daphne. I was trying to visualize a slice o' turkey ham wrapped around the tilapia and it didn't appeal at all. The turkey bacon seems like it would work better.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: October Dinner Review Menu by foodfiend (Good idea about the ...)
Thanks Daphne, this sounds like a good recipe and one that I would be trying very soon. Just got my Fresh and Fab book a few weeks back, so wanted to cook from that. Perfect timing!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: October Dinner Review Menu by Mare749 (Thanks Daphne, this ...)
I've got a tip....double, or better yet, triple the sauce part. You'll be glad you did.
Daphne