OT: Allis and tropical storm Matthew
  Re: (...)
Allis has been doing well with the clinical-trial treatment she has been receiving in the States.

Her next trip was scheduled for Saturday morning, but tropical storm Matthew has decided to come onto the scene and shall be passing right by our coastline Friday night and Saturday morning.

Fortunately, the doctors in the States who originally booked the flight were able to reschedule to TOMORROW.

Please pray for a safe flight for her and her mother, as well as for minimal problems for us, here, from Matthew.

Thanks.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: OT: Allis and tropical storm Matthew by labradors (Allis has been doing...)
You got it, Labs - you're completely covered from our house!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT: Allis and tropical storm Matthew by cjs (You got it, Labs - y...)
Always in our prayers Labs! Be safe!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT: Allis and tropical storm Matthew by Harborwitch (Always in our prayer...)
You've got our prayers as well, Labs. Good luck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: OT: Allis and tropical storm Matthew by labradors (Allis has been doing...)
Labs----all the best for a safe time in the next few hours...days...whatever!!!!

Nice that Allis has caring and sympathetic folks taking care of her!!! (That includes you...my dear!!!!!)

All our prayers and best wishes are coming to you and Allis from across the waters!!! TONS OF LOVE AND HUGS!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: OT: Allis and tropical storm Matthew by Roxanne 21 (Labs----all the best...)
Best of luck, Labs! I hope you all stay safe and the surgury is a success!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT: Allis and tropical storm Matthew by pjcooks (Best of luck, Labs! ...)
Thank you, everyone. The trip to the airport went well, yesterday, and Allis and her mother made it to Maryland.

The storm drifted more South than it had been, making landfall at the coastal border between Nicaragua and Honduras and had to cross a lot of land before getting to us. In addition, its forward motion accelerated, taking away even more of the storm's strength. By the time it got to us. yesterday afternoon, there was hardly any wind and the rain wasn't even as hard as a typical rain around here. This morning was just like any other morning and one wouldn't even know Matthew had been here.

So, Allis COULD have gone today, as originally planned, but I'm glad we were able to take care of the trip yesterday, since Matthew's original course would have made the flight questionable for today.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?