Looking for a recipe
  Re: (...)
Can anyone help me out, I am looking for a Cuisine at Home Beef Stroganoff Recipe from April 2008. I can't find my magazine anywhere. It had a plate of salmon and green beans on the cover.

If anyone can help I would really, really be appreciative.
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: Looking for a recipe by iCook (Can anyone help me o...)
Hi Karen, nice to see you again! Hope you will join us more often! Give me a couple minutes to type it up and I'll get back to you.

Okay, here you go:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Beef Stroganoff with buttered noodles

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 lb. boneless arm roast, trimmed, tenderized, cut into 2" cubes and seasoned with
salt and pepper
1/2 cup flour
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups button mushrooms
2 cups crimini mushrooms
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
2 cups onion -- diced
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup sour cream
2 T. chopped fresh dill
Serve over:
buttered egg noodles

Preheat oven to 325 F. Dredge beef cubes in flour, then sear in 1/4 cup oil, in batches, in a Dutch oven or large pot over high meat until browned, 2 minutes per side. Remove beef from pot; add 2T. oil and reduce meat to medium.

Add mushrooms and saute until golden, stirring often; remove from pan. Melt butter in pot, add onions, and saute until beginning to soften, 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, cook 1 minute, then increase heat to medium-high.

Deglaze with sherry, simmer until nearly evaporated. Add both broths and seared beef back to the pot. Cover, transfer to oven, and braise for 45 minutes. Remove pot from oven and stir in mushrooms, Return to oven and cook until meat is tender, about 15 minutes.

Whisk sour cream and dill together in a small bowl. Serve stroganoff over noodles with a dollop of dill sour cream.

Source:
"Cuisine at Home, Issue #68, page 21"
Yield:
"5 cups"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Looking for a recipe by Mare749 (Hi Karen, nice to se...)
Thank you so much Maryann! This is one of my favorites. And thank you too for the warm welcome back.
"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't and that's a wife who can't cook and will." ~Robert Frost (1847-1963)

Karen (iCook)
  Re: Re: Looking for a recipe by iCook (Thank you so much Ma...)
Hi, Karen! Welcome home!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Looking for a recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Hi, Karen! Welcome ...)
Hi Karen, What she said ^^
Cis
Empress for Life