Oven Roasted Corn
  Re: (...)
I was pretty skeptical of this one, but Stephanie had been looking through the magazine "Yum - Food & Fun For Kids" and wanted me to make this. It ended up being very good. I thought the 30 minutes was going to be too long - but my ears were cold from the refrigerator and they were cooked very crisp tender.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 each ears of corn
butter -- to taste
salt and pepper -- to taste

Place oven rack in middle and preheat to 350 degrees.

Snip off any dangly small leaves and silks from the cobs. Place directly on the rack and bake for 30 minutes

Remove the corn from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before handling. Peel back husks and pull of silks,
serve with butter, salt and pepper.

Source:
"Yum Food and Fun for Kids Magazine"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Oven Roasted Corn by esgunn (I was pretty skeptic...)
Oh, Erin...what do you think of the magazine? I've seen that one, but didn't get it...no kids. But I DID like the premiere issue of the grown up version of YUM. I'm anxious to see the first issue soon.

I'm glad Stephanie is still enjoying cooking. That is very cool! Two up and comers!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Oven Roasted Corn by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Erin...what do y...)
Daphne, I missed the YUM issue. Will look for it. I think the magazine is ok. Seemed to be more written to the parents of kids - and getting kids cooking. Some good ideas, some pretty unrealistic ones, at least for me. But Stephanie picked out quite a few recipes she wants to make. It was unclear if this was going to be an ongoing magazine or just a special publication.

We are waiting for the next issue of Chop Chop to come. Should be coming soon. This one is written for the kids as the audience.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Oven Roasted Corn by esgunn (Daphne, I missed th...)
Erin, that's awesome that Stephanie is enjoying cooking already. My Katie like to help in the kitchen as well.

We have used that method actually. That is how Ron does corn on the grill all the time. When he take it off the grill, he cleans it right then and there, which takes all of about 10 seconds because it peels so easily with the silks being dry. A few times I had to do it in the oven due to bad weather.

When you have to do a large amount for a party, only cook them for about 20 minutes, then put that batch in a cooler to keep warm while you cook another batch. It holds really well.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Oven Roasted Corn by Mare749 (Erin, that's awesome...)
Thanks for the ideas Maryann!
Erin
The time is flying by.