Chef-a-Nota!!
  Re: (...)
Well, my little chef is in action again thanks to Jean. Maggie has been cooking up a storm all by herself (mostly) and loving it. Jean was a sweetheart and sent Maggie her own Chef-a-nota Cookbook filled with recipes for kids and space for Maggie's own recipes or things she might like to try. It is wonderful!

[Image: DSC03064.jpg]

While Maggie has now made the Fancy Sandiwiches many times in the past few days, she has also made the Tater Tot Casserole twice for our family dinner. The best thing about this is that Maggie actually ate the casserole. For her this is quite an accomplishment because she will NEVER eat food that is mixed up and is very 'picky' about veggies in things. She won't even try them. Wow!

Now I have tried this technique of having her help me cook to get her to eat, but it has never worked. This cookbook was just the ticket for her. It is her book, she choose the recipe, she cooked the recipe, and she ate it too! Wonderful!

She has cooked this casserole for us two nights in a row. I can't wait to see if she wants to cook tonight too!

[Image: DSC03073.jpg]

Thank you Jean for inspiring my little chef!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Chef-a-Nota!! by luvnit (Well, my little chef...)
That's wonderful! Should I send Magggie some recipes for the North Dakota Tater Tot Hot Dish?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Chef-a-Nota!! by Harborwitch (That's wonderful! S...)
That's a sweet story! Warms my heart! Cooking is a great way to learn measures, and math lessons, fine motor skills with chopping and assembling. And a great sense of accomplishment.
  Re: Re: Chef-a-Nota!! by HomeCulinarian (That's a sweet story...)
I'm so glad it is inspiring Maggie. Laura, you all are going to be so tired of tater tots....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chef-a-Nota!! by cjs (I'm so glad it is in...)
Awww, Jean, that was such a kind thing to do. And is it even possible to get tired of tater tots?

Good job Chef-a-Nota! You will be into mom's cookbooks in no time. Laura, my girls had a cookbook from the American Girls Doll collection and enjoyed preparing meals from that. I understand your joy!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Chef-a-Nota!! by chef_Tab (Awww, Jean, that was...)
Very cool!!

Tired of tater tots? No fricking way
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chef-a-Nota!! by farnfam (Very cool!![br][br]T...)
"No fricking way" and, then, again...maybe not

Have a fun family day, Cis.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chef-a-Nota!! by cjs ("No fricking way" an...)
Tired of tator tots? Not in this lifetime! Thanks for bringing this up. My son-in-law, Bob, just loves that casserole and I haven't made it for him in ages. Now #1 grandie, (Katie) can make that for her dad. She will be so excited.

Laura, that's wonderful that your daughter is taking an interest in cooking, especially since she is liking what she makes! What a sweetie-pie!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chef-a-Nota!! by Harborwitch (That's wonderful! S...)
Maggie would love new recipes Sharon. Bring it on!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Chef-a-Nota!! by luvnit (Maggie would love ne...)
As soon as I get the North Dakota cookbooks "on board" I'll fire up the scanner and send them your way. Seems like it's a "state" dish, haven't made it yet. We got to stuck on the knoephla soup.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!