Saturday's Dinner, 8/21???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

We're having grilled burgers and 3-bean salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/21??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am pouring all day at the winery and then we are meeting some of hubby's new colleagues for pizza afterwards. It is move-in day for Penn State so I am expecting big crowds everywhere. Should be an exciting day and evening.

Here is the pizza place, some of you may have been to one of the other locations. http://www.faccialuna.com/
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/21??? by chef_Tab (I am pouring all day...)
Surf and Turf for him and crab legs and clammies for me!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/21??? by BarbaraS (Surf and Turf for hi...)
Surf and Turf here, also!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/21??? by Gourmet_Mom (Surf and Turf here, ...)
Not sure! SIL and her family are in from Boston, so we'll go to the other SIL's in the suburbs for dinner. FIL is on a very restricted diet, so it should be interesting!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/21??? by HomeCulinarian (Not sure! SIL and h...)
Dinner with my girls. All the men are at a golf outing today that includes a steak dinner after. So, not sure what we are doing yet. We're thinking about going to Asiatown for Chinese food. The kiddies get such a kick out of it and always eat really well.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/21??? by Mare749 (Dinner with my girls...)
Speaking of golf outings - this is Linda's big weekend, isn't it??? Sending up prayers of good cheer for her!

I thought my burgers sounded good until I starting reading all your plans.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/21??? by cjs (Speaking of golf out...)
Got some more of that beautiful sock eye salmon from Costco. Can't decide if we should do a lime butter sauce or the maple glazed salmon in this month's CL.

Spinach or asparagus as a side, and maybe yellow rice.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/21??? by Trixxee (Got some more of tha...)
Some interesting dishes there, Theresa - have a good time.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/21??? by cjs (Some interesting dis...)
Grilled flank steak, an Israeli couscous salad (with feta, garbanzos, cucumber, & onion), and artichokes. Bob found a bottle of wine.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!