Store it or take it???
  Re: (...)
When I was managing the Island we did, as most of you know, a lot of entertaining. This trip out to CA is exciting because we are taking a lot of our "entertaining" stuff because we know we'll be doing a lot more entertaining there.

But now Bob and I come to a disagreement. Should the chocolate fountain go into storage or go with us???? I just know you'll make the right decision.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Store it or take it??? by Harborwitch (When I was managing ...)
Storage.
  Re: Re: Store it or take it??? by HomeCulinarian (Storage....)
Storage.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Store it or take it??? by Mare749 (Storage....)
Storage.

Bring a fondue pot with forks. You can do a chocolate fondue.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
I assume you want us all to say take it with you, but I have to agree with the others here, in fact, I think you should sell it on ebay. I have never understood the love for that silly contraption. Sorry, Sharon dear. I do love you.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Store it or take it??? by Harborwitch (When I was managing ...)
Well I know that when you are organizing and paring things down it can be difficult to get rid of things. I have heard that you need to catagorize it into one of three catagories: Do you love it? Does it give you joy? Do you need it?

Now I didn't say it has to fall into all three catagories, just one. I say, do exactly what you want to do. Sounds like it would make you have to have it. So keep it for a while, if you don't use it, sell it on ebay or store it. Heck, send it to me, I will store it for you!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Quote:

Storage.

Ditto!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Store it or take it??? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)

When we were visiting our daughter's campground a few weeks ago, there were several people who had card tables set up in front of their camp site with things for sale that they no longer wanted. At first I thought it was a little tacky for such a nice campground to allow this, but after walking around for a while and visiting with people, it was kind of fun.

So, I guess you could always do that if you find that the fountain isn't getting enough use...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Store it or take it??? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Laura has a good point. Store it for a few months and if you find that you never did need it, sell it. But don't drag it with you. Yet.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Store it or take it??? by foodfiend (Laura has a good poi...)
Storage. I have problem with single use items - although I do own a few . A microwave and a bowl and you can have some great fondu chocolate! Or get fancy and do it the right way.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.