Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review
  Re: (...)
From Fresh and Fabulous - and last weeks ERecipe.

I have been interested in this salad but wasn't quite sure about the watermelon in it witht he bacon and the parmesan black pepper dressing. But I really liked it. Made it last nigth for my dinnner. And how can you go wrong with croutons made with bacon drippings!!! I'm having a hard time seeing how this is better for you, but it was good. I would rate this a 9 for taste and ease. Of course I don't think you were supposed to eat the rest of the croutons dipped in the dressing for dessert.

I made one addition and one change. I did not have yogurt so used all mayo (only made a portion of the dressing and salad, not the whole recipe) I added a few slices of grilled chicken breast because I was so hungry.
Hoping that would stave off the binging - but I guess It didn't work.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review by esgunn (From Fresh and Fabul...)
Thanks for the review, Erin. I can see where the croƻtons would be tempting. I think I'd eat almost anything made with bacon...LOL!

You know, I can't seem to get William to try watermelon in a savory dish. Every time I mention it, he turns his nose up. Maybe I just need to make it and not ask...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the revie...)
Note to William - remember 'different' pizzas, Mister!!!

I think I saved that recipe Erin, it sounded good to me also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review by cjs (Note to William - re...)
Thanks for the review, Erin, I too have been eyeing that one. Not only is it in the book, it was in a recent email from C@H too. Looking forward to trying it even more now.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review by chef_Tab (Thanks for the revie...)
I've been passing that one over as I go through the book. You've changed my mind and I'll give it a try.
  Re: Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review by HomeCulinarian (I've been passing th...)
Erin, thanks for bringing this one up! I've been overlooking it as well, but my spring it on John after the kiddos are safely back at school.
  Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review by esgunn (From Fresh and Fabul...)
I'm glad you liked it. I saved it-it's got my name all over it! Thanks for the review.

PJ
PJ