I don't know if I should admit this . . . but???
  Re: (...)
We were sorting through stuff the other day (I still have some of my term papers from high school! ) and I found these recipes. I don't know where I got the first one.

Strawberry Banana Pie

1 pkg strawberry banana jello
1 8 oz container banana yogurt
1 8 oz container cool whip, thawed
2 bananas sliced and and soaked in fruit fresh
1 8 or 9 inch pie shell. (recipe follows)

Disslove jello in 2/3c boiling water, put in food processor with mixing blade. Add yogurt and process until frothy. Fold into cool whip and blend thoroughly.

Line the bottom of the pie shell with sliced bananas. Pour in filling and garnish with additional bananas. Chill.

Pastry: In food processor, with mixing blade combine 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt. Add 1/3 cup butter or margarine and process until combined. Iadd icewater slowly just until dough begins to form a ball. Continue processing until the ball is formed and then roll out.

Bake at 400 for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool and fill.

There are more - but I have to get to work.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: I don't know if I should admit this . . . but??? by Harborwitch (We were sorting thro...)
Don't we all have those recipes?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I don't know if I should admit this . . . but??? by cjs (Don't we all have th...)
Oh, yes. I remember one which I had that filled a premade graham cracker crust with instant chocolate pudding and multicolored mini-marshmallows! As I recall, it was my "demo recipe" for 7th grade home ec.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: I don't know if I should admit this . . . but??? by foodfiend (Oh, yes. I remember...)
OMG, I remember a spaghetti pie (I thought it was disgusting then) also from 7th grade Home Ec. And tuna pea wiggle (I guess an intro to white sauce). And the sewing classes weren't much better. Aprons? Pot holders?

Kind of amazes me I turned out to be a cook and a seamstress. School had nothing to do with it.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: I don't know if I should admit this . . . but??? by pjcooks (OMG, I remember a sp...)
Oh yes, we all do have some of those recipes. One that comes to mind was some kind of sponge cake that you poked holes in the top with toothpicks, then drizzled liquid jello in the holes to create a colorful marbling effect. Then, I think you topped the whole thing with Dream Whip.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I don't know if I should admit this . . . but??? by Mare749 (Oh yes, we all do ha...)
Home Ec - I almost didn't pass because I wouldn't eat a tomato stuffed with

cottage cheese - I hated tomatoes then. I have a recipe file full of recipes

from high school - we had to start a recipe box our senior year - It actually

was a good idea and its fun to go thru every now and then.

The High School out here has a Home Ec class - they do not sew - sold all the

sewing machines - but they can cook - and they go to state and nationals every

year last year they placed 2nd in Nationals

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: I don't know if I should admit this . . . but??? by mjkcooking (Home Ec - I almost ...)
I am the proud owner of the New Joys of Jello-o Recipe Book, © 1973. I've made quite a few recipes from it over the years, not anytime recently though. My favorite was the Rainbow ice cream dessert with 5 boxes of various jello flavors mixed with ice cream and layered in a bundt pan. Might have to make that again sometime soon!
  Re: Re: I don't know if I should admit this . . . but??? by HomeCulinarian (I am the proud owner...)
When I want to think of my mom, I always make strawberry jello with sliced bananas.

I used to have quite a repertoire of jello combinations when I was personal cheffing - my customers liked them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I don't know if I should admit this . . . but??? by cjs (When I want to think...)
My most favorite Home Ec story. I was making Lemon Meringue Pie. The teacher went around checking our ingredients which we were to have all ready and displayed on our counter. She looked at my eggs which I had placed side by side, and said "Those eggs need to be separated" I quickly push them apart making more room between them (thinking, why? do they fight??) She sighed and walked away and then my kitchen partner showed me how to really separate eggs
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I don't know if I should admit this . . . but??? by farnfam (My most favorite Hom...)
ROFLMAO!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.