Saturday dinner 8/14
  Re: (...)
Did we start one for today?

Well, anyway, we are having Shrimp Sushi Parfait for dinner and I've got baked, stuffed tomatoes in the oven as we speak, for a snack/lunch thing......with beers
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Saturday dinner 8/14 by farnfam (Did we start one for...)
We have a graduation party to attend. Have a surplus of Anaheim peppers so I'll make up a double batch of white chicken chili this afternoon to munch on later and freeze the rest.
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner 8/14 by HomeCulinarian (We have a graduation...)
Chicken Marsala and brown rice pilaf with green beans here.
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner 8/14 by karyn (Chicken Marsala and ...)
I haven't a clue. I'm still putting my kitchen back together. When I finally finish...and I WILL finish TODAY(!), I'll think about it. This project has proven to be a tremendous undertaking. I'd rather wash all my windows, inside and out!

I miss my dishwasher!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner 8/14 by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't a clue. I...)
"Shrimp Sushi Parfaits" - oh, those are so good.

I managed a bowl of soup about 10:30 so, that'll probably be it for me. Roys scavengering the frige as we speak.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner 8/14 by cjs ("Shrimp Sushi Parfai...)
Leftover Macs 'N Cheese with grilled hot dogs and fresh picked corn!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner 8/14 by cjs ("Shrimp Sushi Parfai...)
"I managed a bowl of soup about 10:30 so, that'll probably be it for me. Roys scavengering the frige as we speak."

Poor Jean, you must be feeling really bad! Hot soup and lots of rest is the best thing. Hope you are much better tomorrow.

Dinner tonight is grilled halibut and Vicci's "Soba Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables" minus the chicken for a side.

Shrimp Sushi Parfaits sound so good, Cis. Must put on menu for next week.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner 8/14 by Mare749 ("I managed a bowl of...)
Jean, how could this happen. A whole weekend of sunshine, and you're sick!

Still washing dishes! It may be bologna sandwiches here.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner 8/14 by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, how could this...)
My kids are not doing too well either. Fevers yesterday and sore throats today. And hereit is one of the nicests days all summer. Stephanie wore me down to go swimming. How can you say no...hope it doesn't really make them worse.

Dinner: Hamburgers on the grill. Watermelon. That it is it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Saturday dinner 8/14 by esgunn (My kids are not doin...)
I hope everyone recovers quickly. Summer is too short to be sick, no matter where you live!