Udon Noodles
  Re: (...)
I bought these on my last trip to the Asian market, but I can't remember why. Sad...I know.

So what are you're BEST recipes for using these noodles. I can't help but think it is a soup type recipe. It's hot here, but if it IS a soup recipe, I'm willing to wait, so post them anyway.

If not, bring it on! I'm heading to the city this weekend. So I'll have access to some veggies I can't get around here. I'd love to do a stir fry. I haven't been able to do but ONE recipe in the new "wok" and would love to do something special......

BTW....It's my Thirtieth Anniversary Monday! We're going to celebrate ALL weekend!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Udon Noodles by Gourmet_Mom (I bought these on my...)
Daphne,

In my other types of Japanese noodles thread, Jean mentioned a C@H recipe for Portobello Kung Pao which, in turn uses another C@H recipe for Sesame Noodles, which uses udon noodles.

Also, when I was doing some googling about the noodles, I found THIS article which describes a number of common udon dishes in Japan. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any recipes, since it is more of a guide to what to expect at udon restaurants. It could be a good starting point, though, for narrowing down recipes to google. Most of them do sound interesting, to me, but I think I'll mostly be looking for Curry Udon and Niku Udon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Udon Noodles by labradors (Daphne,[br][br]In my...)
The Kung Pao recipe is really ringing bells. If nothing else shows up, this is DEFINITELY on the list! Heck, it's on the list ANYWAY! Thanks, Labs!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Udon Noodles by Gourmet_Mom (The Kung Pao recipe ...)
I love, love, love the Portobello Kung Pao recipe! I've found frozen udon at the local Asian market.
  Re: Re: Udon Noodles by HomeCulinarian (I love, love, love t...)
Party time at Daphne & Williams!! Denise, drag out the shooters - about time to get another anniversary couple in trouble with them!! A couple years ago, we had a small get together on our anniversary and I told everyone they had to go home at a certain time, 'cause then it was 'our time' - Roy was in bed before everyone left.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com