FORGOT TO MENTION: Viognier is wonderful with this salad!! [i]

Vinaigrette:
2 T. lemon juice
3 T. White balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. Dijon
1 T. olive oil
S&P

Whisk together and slowly add oil making an emulsion; season with s & p.

Salad:
1 cup corn (I used raw off the cob that I had frozen the other day)
4 T. fresh basil, rough chop
1/2 cup minced red onion
1/2 lb. crab meat
~ 1/3 cantaloupe, thinly sliced or chunked
1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced

Combine the corn, basil, onion and crab and toss with 3 T. of the vinaigrette; set aside.

Compose the remaining ingredients with some salad greens on a plate. Drizzle 1 to 2 T. of the vinaigrette over the salad. Divide the corn/crab mixture between the two salad plates and serve.
-------
[Image: CIMG0871.jpg]
...and, good for me, I didn't even eat the slice of sandwich thin!!

I'm going to make this again tonight to get the quantities down - the vinaigrette and the corn salad made enough for 3 salads and too much for 2, so need to play with it a little to make it for 4 servings.

This is so light and tasty!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Corn & Crab Salad - Lunch or LIght Dinner by cjs (Oh my, this was very...)
Gosh, I am (almost) wishing you had not posted a photo! I haven't even had my smoothie and this already looks too good. I am definitely saving this one. It would be perfect for a light dinner. or even a girls lunch.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Corn & Crab Salad - Lunch or LIght Dinner by chef_Tab (Gosh, I am (almost) ...)
Yum! That looks really great.
  Re: Re: Corn & Crab Salad - Lunch or LIght Dinner by chef_Tab (Gosh, I am (almost) ...)
What a pretty dish! And yes, it makes me hungry for lunch! Thanks Jean, copied and saved.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Corn & Crab Salad - Lunch or LIght Dinner by Mare749 (What a pretty dish! ...)
Mercy, this looks good. Now I want crab.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Corn & Crab Salad - Lunch or LIght Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Mercy, this looks go...)
Poor William - his list is getting longer....longer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Corn & Crab Salad - Lunch or LIght Dinner by cjs (Poor William - his l...)
I know, right? Now if only he remembers to call before he leaves Southport today. I certainly can't take care of this myself...he's still surveying out of the Mini Cooper...LOL! Three times yesterday, I started to go out and run to the store.

I should get it back after today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Corn & Crab Salad - Lunch or LIght Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (Mercy, this looks go...)
Quote:

Mercy, this looks good. Now I want crab.

My thoughts exactly!
  Re: Corn & Crab Salad - Lunch or LIght Dinner by cjs (Oh my, this was very...)
Jean that is beautiful and it sounds soooooo good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Corn & Crab Salad - Lunch or LIght Dinner by Harborwitch (Jean that is beautif...)
I edited the post to include the wine that was wonderful with the salad - Viognier. We had Harbinger's, but I'll be any would be really good.
www.achefsjourney.com