VOT- Cell Phones
  Re: (...)
I had to replace my cell phone after it took a bath while I cleaned the sun porch this weekend. It just got delivered...new Verizon procedure...UGH! ANYWAY, the directions say, "IMPORTANT: Be sure to charge your battery for a full 12 hours to ensure proper function and maxiumum battery life." They've never advised this when I've had to replace one in the store. I have had varying degrees of success regarding cell phone battery life, without having done this.

Have any of you done this before activating your phone and found it to increase the battery life?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: VOT- Cell Phones by Gourmet_Mom (I had to replace my ...)
I have always done this with all of my cell phones, so I have no comparison. I have not had issues with battery life except for once, I think the phone and battery were 2-3 years old. This was quite a few years ago. I remember the salesperson stood in disbelief that it lasted as long as it did.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: VOT- Cell Phones by chef_Tab (I have always done t...)
Pretty much that has been the standard procedure on ANY rechargeable batteries for as long as I can remember.

Another thing is to use the device until the batteries completely run out, instead of placing it back onto the charger after every use. That prevents battery "memory," and is most important for NiCd batteries (not that important for NiMh batteries and even less for Lithium-ion batteries).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: VOT- Cell Phones by labradors (Pretty much that has...)
Okay, next question. The screen now says Charge Complete. Are you saying I should still leave it plugged in for the full 12 hours? And how about using it now...while it's plugged in?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: VOT- Cell Phones by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, next question....)
If it's not a NiCd battery, you're probably okay. It's such a force of habit for me to charge the full 12 hours, the first time, that I would not even look at the screen.

Using it while plugged in depends upon the device. It won't harm anything. Most devices stop charging when in use, but they differ as to how they work. Some will take power from the charger so they are not using the batteries at all, but others just cut off the charging and are powered only by the batteries. There's no way of knowing unless the instructions tell you or the screen changes.

I'm just very patient when it comes to battery charging and product break in, so I just get it charging and forget about it until the next day.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: VOT- Cell Phones by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, next question....)
I have had two phones that have told me to charge overnight only to find out that when it came, it was actually fully charged. I never had any problems with keeping a full charge. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if the phone itself says it charged.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: VOT- Cell Phones by luvnit (I have had two phone...)
I usually play with it and use it a little because it came with a partial charge, but then made sure I had a good 10 hour charge overnight.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: VOT- Cell Phones by Gourmet_Mom (I had to replace my ...)
Quote:

ANYWAY, the directions say, "IMPORTANT: Be sure to charge your battery for a full 12 hours to ensure proper function and maxiumum battery life."

Holy crap, I just got my new phone, walked out of the store using it and never knew about this. My ex-hubby, the computer guru, has always told me to let it die a bit instead of constantly recharging. Maybe he's right again

Maybe that's why I was constantly replacing the batteries in my old phone.

PJ
PJ