Questions???
  Re: (...)
Okay, I've got a craving for Chinese braised pork belly. Just wondering if anyone thinks this one can be done in a crock pot?????

Next question - We're trying to use up stuff in the pantry. While browsing yesterday I discovered a jar of "truffled honey mustard". My crazy mind thinks that this might make a great sauce for some chicken breasts. ??????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Questions??? by Harborwitch (Okay, I've got a cra...)
Sharon, I don't see why you couldn't do it in the crockpot. If you want a "crust" on it, you could always throw it on the grill or in the oven on broil for a bit. But then, if it's not totally submerged in the sauce, I would think that wouldn't be necessary. It worked for the Crockpot Corned Beef recipe some of us made a while back. To keep it from being submerged, the recipe calls for placing the meat on an inverted loaf pan. (Invert before adding anything to the crockpot.)

As far as the truffled honey mustard, I don't think that is crazy at all! I recently made the Cubano Chicken with Mustard Sauce from the third Grilling book and loved it. I remember thinking that I might try the sauce again with Jean's Honey Mustard instead of regular mustard. I say, "G0 for it!"
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Questions??? by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, I don't see ...)
I say -

YES AND YES !!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Questions??? by cjs (I say -[br][br]YES ...)
Thank you both.

Jean I'm anxious to do the chicken - I just think it's going to be fantastic. Hmmmmmm need to get rid of . . I mean "use up" some truffle butter too.
  Re: Re: Questions??? by Harborwitch (Thank you both. [br...)
Oh Sharon - why not pop some popcorn and toss with some of the truffled honey mustard?? How good would that be!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Questions??? by cjs (Oh Sharon - why not ...)
OMG!!! You are rocking my boat!!! But . . . since if I open it I have to use it up . . . or maybe just bring the unopened jar with us to your place????
  Re: Re: Questions??? by Harborwitch (OMG!!! You are rock...)
"or maybe just bring the unopened jar with us to your place????" that works for me!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Questions??? by cjs ("or maybe just bring...)
It'll come with us - we can play with it there! 4 people have a better chance of consuming it than 2!