Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher
  Re: (...)
Well, a few days at the lake house coupled with hot weather and a few cups of fresh blackberries picked just before we left the farm, and I now can present:

Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher
Makes 6 servings

60 fresh mint leaves
¾ cup granulated sugar (may have to be increased according to the sweetness of the berries)
1 ½ cups fresh lime juice
1 ½ cups gold or white rum
3 cups fresh blackberries
cold seltzer or club soda (about 48 ounces)

In a pitcher muddle the mint leaves, granulated sugar, and lime juice until the sugar is dissolved. Allow this mixture to set for 15-30 minutes.

Scoop the mint leaves out with a slotted spoon (some bits and pieces of mint may remain and that’s how it should be) and press mixture with another spoon to get all of the lime mixture released as possible. It’s easier to use your fingers, if you don’t have issues with doing that.

Stir in the rum, then add the blackberries. Muddle the berries slightly to break them
up a bit and release the juice. Taste and add some sugar if the berries seem to be a little sour.

Fill tall glasses (about 14 ounces) with ice and add about 1/3 cup of the berry mixture. Top with about 1 cup of cold seltzer and stir gently. Garnish with mint leaves and lime slices.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher by foodfiend (Well, a few days at ...)
Vicci, this sounds AWESOME! And I don't really care for mint. Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci, this sounds A...)
Yum! Must try.
  Re: Re: Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher by HomeCulinarian (Yum! Must try....)
Oops, I forgot to type in that the recipe makes 6 servings...

Now tell me, why did I wake up this morning and remember this?!?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher by foodfiend (Oops, I forgot to ty...)
got your back, as they say, Vicci! 1 week and 2 days and we're having these while we still have Boysenberries!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher by foodfiend (Oops, I forgot to ty...)
Quote:

... recipe makes 6 servings...

Depends who's drinking it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Yum!
  Re: Re: Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher by Trixxee (Yum!...)
Sounds great. Thanks, Vicci.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher by Mare749 (Sounds great. Thank...)
Thanks for adding the servings, Jean.

Labs, you sound like DH! He had 2...

These certainly were good, and we returned to the farm to find that the birds and deer have finished the berries for this year. Oh well, more reason to experiment with other flavors!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Blackberry Mojitos-by-the-Pitcher by foodfiend (Thanks for adding th...)
Quote:

Labs, you sound like DH! He had 2...

Actually, I had been referring to certain others on this forum (e.g. those who would turn this recipe into shooters, et al). LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?