Pecan Pie Cheesecake - Old Recipe
  Re: (...)
I'm posting this old recipe and in a separate thread so maybe I can find it again later. The story behind it is that I made it quite often during the holidays for customers, but I couldn't make it any other time because the particular frozen pecan pie was not available except during the holidays.

Billy to the rescue yet again - he found this recipe somewhere. But, I don't think I ever made the pie and followed thru with the cheesecake again. (maybe this winter). Anyway, Sharon, here it is and our little buddy lives on again.

PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE

Recipe By :Southern Living
Serving Size : 16

2 lb.4 oz. pkg. Mrs. Smith's Special Recipe Southern Pecan Pie (frozen)
2 c graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c butter
1/4 tsp grd. cinnamon
1 lb cream cheese -- softened
2 lg eggs
2/3 c sour cream
1/2 c half and half
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c powdered sugar
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
16 pecan halves

Thaw pecan pie according to pkg. direction.
Cut into 20 thin slices, keeping wedges intact; set aside.

Stir together cracker crumbs & next 3 ingred., & press onto bottom and 1 1/2" up sides of a 10" springform pan.

Arrange 10 pecan pie wedges in a spoke design in prepared pan, placing 1 cut side of each wedge on crust (the side of cut piece facing up) with narrow end towards center of pan.
Reserve remaining pie wedges for another use.

Beat cream cheese until smooth; add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
Add sour cream, 1/2 and 1/2, and vanilla; beat till blended.

Fold in powdered sugar and flour.

Carefully pour cream cheese mixture evenly over pecan pie wedges in pan, making sure wedges remain in place.

Arrange pecan halves evenly around edge of cheesecake.

Bake at 325° for 45 to 50 min. Turn off oven, & let cheesecake stand in oven 1 hour.
Remove to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
Chill at least 8 hours before serving.

NOTE: Mrs Smith's Special Recipe Southern Pecan Pie works great in this cheesecake.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mrs. Smith's Southern Pecan Pie - To go With Cheesecake

1 deep dish pie shell
2/3 cup dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons molasses
1 cup brown sugar -- packed
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups pecans -- coarsely chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium saucepan, combine syrup, molasses, brown sugar, butter and salt. Simmer until sugar melts. Let mixture cool slightly.

2. Beat eggs and cream; add to syrup mixture along with vanilla extract. Add pecans to mixture and pour into the pie shell.

3. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes, checking to see if pie has set. Filling should be expanded and should jiggle slightly.

4. Cool and serve.

Description:
"Billy posted this 11/06"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pecan Pie Cheesecake - Old Recipe by cjs (I'm posting this old...)
Mercy! This sounds dangerous! I'm thinking this should be my dessert for Thanksgiving. Thanks Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Pecan Pie Cheesecake - Old Recipe by cjs (I'm posting this old...)
Thank you Jean! Now I'll go wipe my eyes so I can read it! Sure sounds good - and we'll be close to friends and family who'll love this.

I'll print this and stick it inside Billy's book.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pecan Pie Cheesecake - Old Recipe by Harborwitch (Thank you Jean! Now...)
Oh Sharon, perfect place to keep it - I will too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pecan Pie Cheesecake - Old Recipe by cjs (Oh Sharon, perfect p...)
Same here. Thanks Jean, this sounds amazing. Great holiday dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."